Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help on Piou Piou Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
My husband, myself and our (will be then) 3.8 yr old...plus another couple and 3.11 yr old are off to Les Gets. Esf seem to be the only school that offer 'lessons'. We d look to do half day then split childcare with ourselves and/or creche. We are diying the hol to make it affordable.
I only hear horror stories of esf but appreciate it does vary in resorts.
Anyone have any helpful suggestions? As the other schools only take them at 4. Just to add both girls ar bige/mature for theor age. My dd swims solo, does gymnastics and dancing all on her own..plus goes to nursery and pre school! Phew. So is independant and very active.
Regards
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Warby20, welcome to Snow Heads snowHead

I have had good and bad experiences with ESF and I expect you'll hear much the same from others here. Are you planing to put them in classes or a private instructor for the two of them? That made the difference IME - the class set-up was a poor experience whilst having my two boys with a private instructor (both ESF) was great. We too had 1/2 day lessons, 1/2 day messing about on sledges, practising what they'd learnt that morning, having hot chocolate etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Gets has a good ESF with a Piou Piou club that seems to work well. That's our own experience anyhow. Younger (under 4) Kids that are used to playgroups and activities are normally all fine but for some others 3 is still a bit early age so sometimes private lessons can work better. Best thing is to give it a go with Piou Piou and review after the end of day 2 (day 1 is always a bit stressful for everyone - and particularly parents! - that's my personal experience).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Warby20, both my girls started with ESF at 3, though not Les Gets. Just doing mornings will be ideal. I have no complaints for ESF at all. Stick a little mini pack of Jammie Dodgers in their pockets and it should be happy days Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Warby20, welcome to Snowheads snowHead

ESF varies from resort to resort but I'd say the odds of a decent experience are stacked in your favour in this case as you will be sending the two of them together so they are not 'alone'; both kids are closer to 4 than to 3 (makes a big difference); both kids are big and mature; both kids already coping independently with other activities; I would think that Les Gets ESF gets a good amount of British custom with all the family operators based there and so your two are less likely to be the only two english speakers. Having said all that you can pay by the day rather than sign up in advance and so could do as XPeak suggests and review after day 2. If it's not going too well and you are going in low season it might work to have a shared private lesson with a very 'sympa' instructor. IME too the french men are actually better with little kids than the french women (in case you have a choice).

Good luck, loads of advice on here about this kind of thing Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Both my girls started in esf in les gets. Our eldest struggled a bit and it was the next winter when she was a little older that she enjoyed things more. Our youngest who was younger than her sister in her first esf lessons did much better, but that might be because she is the second. Like most things it depends on the child but if they have a friend with them on day one the group lessons should be fine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Our grand-daughter went to ESF in Les Gets, when she was just four a few years ago - it was at Christmas/New Year and I hadn't realised how booked up the classes get - first time granny - from memory we booked and paid for the whole week, in fact I think she did two weeks. We didn't think much progress was made the first week but lots more the second week. The next time she came about 15 months later we used 360 and were very pleased. Last year she and her younger brother, who was then just four, went into BASS classes - and BASS were running something suitable for younger ones.

Totally agree that if the child is used to going into nursery classes of some sort they will be much happier. Our grand-daughter is a particularly spunky New Yorker so not fazed by being left in a class with only a few children speaking a language she understood and just got on with it. Other young ones did seem to have a lot of tears but it seemed that it was the first time that they were being left.

I expect a lot will depend on what time of year you are going to be in Les Gets - presumably out of school holiday time judging by the age of the children so it should be lovely and quiet. And another welcome.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all..we went to morzine a couple of years again (no snow yr!). I had some lessons with esf and it was the first year I actually learnt something with them. So I am hoping it'll be the same in Les Gets. I have emailed 360 to see if they would take them underage. I think private lessons is out of our price range at the mo. I am fortunate my daughter isn t the sensitive type, she loves other children and loves food! the tip about the biscuits will be remembered Smile
Heres counting down the months. Just got to hope the snow will be as good as last when we didn't go rolling eyes claire.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy