Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking a flight now & accommodation later - Saturday or Sunday??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening!

Never done this before as never had to go during school holidays but considering doing it when Sleazy release their Easter flights (hopefully) later this month.

However can't decide over booking a Saturday or Sunday flight. Have gone Sunday the last few years but looking at a few La Tania chalets a lot seem to be Saturday changeovers. La Tania is just an option at the moment and could change.

For those of you that book flights early to get cheap ones how do you decide which day to go on??

Sods law i'll find some accomodation later with the wrong changeover day for us!!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

To be honest I think it makes no difference if you fly on a Sat or Sun. It all depends what day is cheaper. I think most chalet operators are 60/40 on Sat or Sun, there used to be a time when people ran from Sat - Sat , then people starting running from Sun - Sun and it seems to have equaled out, if anything Sat arrival may give you more options.

One thing to bear in mind is that Sun arrival will mean less traffic on the roads so you will get to your resort quicker, which can be a bonus

Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi George06,

Most tour operators/accommodations etc run only one day of changeovers - some on Saturday, some on Sunday.

In general there are more Sat-Sat changeovers and the majority of independant hotels are run on this basis. But, Sun-Sun flights and transfers usually work out cheaper and as thesnowtraveller, says there is often less traffic on the road.

If you already have an idea in mind of which operator you want to go with, even if you aren't ready to book, it is worth choosing your flight day on the basis of their changeover dates. Otherwise, I would recommend just picking the flights which suit you best.

Happy planning!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Random thought as you are DIYing could you get sat -sun flights then which ever accomodation you end up booking either sat - sat or sun-sun book a hotel room for the extra night OK you pay more over all but you get an extra days skiing as well and you dont limit your main accomodation choices we did this when we went to Bansko..though the extra night was in Sofia as our sunday flight back was in the morning but it meant we could ski all day om saturday.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saturday. Most places are used to a Sat-Sat accomodation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with Mosha Marc, Most places in our village are rented out on a Saturday to Saturday basis so you will have more choice of accommodation.
Some places are flexible but they are few and far between.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
George06, Sunday ....so much less transfer hassle......
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plenty in Serre Chevalier have a Sunday changeover as that was the usual transfer day for the big TOs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think the mostly French places (ie any apartments rented out by French owners or agencies, or French hotels) tend to be Sat/Sat. And it's VERY difficult to book an odd night's accommodation.

I entirely agree that Sunday is much more pleasant on the roads.

I think Andorra has mostly sunday transfer days?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
George06, we are doing sunday to sunday and staying in La tania. Got the accomodation through www.latania.co.uk in an apartment that we have stayed in before (sleeps 4 in two separate bedrooms).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would go Saturday to Saturday if you are booking your own accommodation as opposed to using a tour operator, which it sounds like you will be if booking your own flights. Most run Sat to Sat.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thesnowtraveller wrote:

One thing to bear in mind is that Sun arrival will mean less traffic on the roads so you will get to your resort quicker, which can be a bonus

Good luck.

While this is true for arrivals, the roads on Sunday evening, particularly back to say Geneva, can be really full with locals returning from a weekend on the slopes.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Saturday. The roads will be busy especially in school holidays. Easter isn't as bad as half term though!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy