Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone tried Movement Sparks?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm thinking of buying a pair of Movement Sparks. Have you tried them. Which ski touring bindings would you recomend. Looking for piste orientated. Would the Marker F10 be beefy enough or Dukes needed? I was about 12 stones last time I checked!

Any info appreciated. Kenny
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS please ignore the poor spelling and gramatical errors, I posted in a rush! Kenny
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In Jan 2010 I skied the Movement Spark and really liked them both on and off piste. They had, I think, Fritschi bindings but not sure which model. I tried to hire the same in Jan 2011 but none were available. The M-Spark I skied had green top sheets, the website shows the current M-Spark has gold+brown top sheets.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to Snowheads. This probably isn't going to help much but I bought a pair in April. However I haven't a chance to use them. I bought them to use 50% piste / off-piste. I've had either Marker F10 / F12 fitted. Sorry can't remember exactly but I know there was a bit of discussion over it and can't remember the conclusion (I am a stone or so heavier than you so that was the reason). Ultimately though I want to go the Dynafit / Plum binding route but I don't have the boots yet so I've had the Markers fitted with quiver killers.

I did do a fair bit of research and Edge and Wax where I bought them were very helpful (they get very good feedback on here). Incidentlally they are on sale at the moment at E&W and you might even be able to use the Snowheads discount.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
O.P I have 4 years ago, very light, but I found they needed to be skied like a special slalom ski on piste, very aggressive on the fronts all of the time. In mixed condition off-piste, hard skied snow and death cookies with good soft snow patches they were not as good as a Scott Mission we tried alongside it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info all. I've just ordered them from Edge and Wax. Going to wait till next season to put on bindings as I've been told Salomon and another (which I've forgotton) are going to bring out a Marker like tour binding. So I'll choose then.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad we could help Very Happy

The bindings you mean are the Salomon/Atomic/Scott binding, it is the Guardian. We will be one of the stockists. First impressions very good, as it has elements of the Marker bindings (Strength and ease if use) with elements of the Fritschi bindings (able to quick release without removing your boots)

Should be in stock October. The new Markers also look very good this season (wider footprint for some) and there is a new Fritschi model too!

ScottyDog
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks ScottyDog how much do you expect them to sell for? Also will they fit on the Sparks (with 82mm underfoot)?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, don't come on here every day as little busy! Pricing TBC we should have on site next month, available in various brake widths and brakes can be changed. Actual width don't know yet but think it is around 78mm but its been a few months!

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kenrob1000, The other binding you're thinking talking about is the new Tyrolia Adrenalin 16. First impressions is that it's a great binding.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kenrob1000, I would try the ski first and others before binding option concerns: of the off-piste skis we had in the group admitedly only two outright touring skis the Spark was the least favourite ski! All in the group were instructors or off-piste experts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy