Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian resort advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, any advice out there for where we go next year.

We're a family of 4 and have skied most main resorts in France so proposing to book flights to Munich and try Austria.

We seem to prefer the bigger resorts that have more terrain. All comfortable on all piste.

I've skied a long weekend in St Anton and loved it, so may go there, but interested in any other possible options.

Thanks in advance

Brian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brianr,
Ischgl is another obvious biggy
The ski Amade region gives you loads of possibilities.
Saalbach has lots of fans.
Maybe an idea to wait and see where has the best snow or what the forecast is.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brianr, Depending on where you decide to go, look at booking flights to Salzburg or Innsbruck. Saves time and hassle getting to and from the resorts. Munich airport is a big international one, but it is the wrong side of Munich for the hills and the roads can get pretty clogged up on transfer days.

Plenty of choice of resorts with huge amounts of skiing, France does not have a monopoly on them wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brianr, assuming it's not too much more expensive from your part of the world, I'd echo Samerberg Sue's, advice on airport.

You could look at Mayrhofen. Back-up of a fairly near glacier, large ski area, nice town for family stuff plus the Zillertal ski pass means as a family you could all jump on the train and go off to explore one or two of the other resorts in the area. Again, good family fun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How old are your kids? Serfaus is one of Austria's top family resorts and is doable from Munich and even more so from Innsbruck. Older teens would enjoy Solden.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What Samerberg Sue said.

I would only go to St Anton if you want offpiste - if you stick to the pistes, Ischgl is better IMO. Saalbach would also be great, cheaper for sure, though the skiing can be a little more cruisy - there's more more challenging stuff in Ischgl. Saying that, the long black run down the Schattberg in Saalbach is pretty fun.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999, or stay in Lech, Zurs and ski some well looked after pistes??? The Arlbeg aint all about the off piste!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 4-07-12 21:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
clarky999, or stay in Lech, Zurs and ski some well looked after pistes??? St Anton aint all about the off piste!

Maybe, but I do think Ischgl has more variety and goods of the pisted kind. The piste down from Schindler in Anton is great, but if you're not skiing offpiste, it'd be hard (for me, anyway) to justify the extra cost of St Anton over Saalbach/Ski Welt/etc, as I don't find most of the pistes in Anton all that 'special'.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually thinking about it, Westendorf is my favourite place in the world for piste skiing. It's only a blue, but the 111 is a fantastic run. I presume it's busier now they cut it shorter and built a gondola back (used to be a bus ride at the end of it) though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for Serfaus, went there for the first time last year and its great. Fantastic for kids but also a really good domain for all types of skiers. Just over 200k pistes and lots of opportunity for off piste though I didn't try any. Other topics on here about Serfaus if you search.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy