Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal all-in-1 deal on 5th jan or a few weeks later??

Poster: A snowHead
Just been looking through a few deals and Crystal are offering all-in-1 deals for good value, based on going the 5th Jan.
I know no-one can predict the snow fall (especially 6months away), but is it worth thinking about going on the 5th Jan. We were thinking more 19/26th Jan
Can anyone remember if it was good snow last Christmas/Jan. I seem to remember having loads of snow fall in Les Arcs a couple of weeks before we went (5th feb) but cant remember if it was as early as end dec/beginning of Jan
Would poss be considering Flaine (montsoleil appts) as can get everything except boots for about £750 each (based on 2 in an appartment for 4) this includes Tranx, lift pass and ski hire
What do you think?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Juts noticed, this would be the 12th Jan, not 5th, but going from gatwick. Would need to see if available from Manchester
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Ford, the snow report for last season starting about the date your suggesting is here

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82845&start=200

full 6 day grand massif pass is about euro 213 i think, and apartment is euro 710 for week, so seems a good deal

apartments here

http://www.pv-holidays.com/gb-en/apartments-flaine-eos_FWL-H_fp?hc=FWL24&duree=7&dated=2012-12-15
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been away the last 4 Christmas/New Years. Had decent snow cover each year, I'd imagine early Jan would be fine.

I know you've looked at Skiwelt, I'd guess the Mounty in Soll would be in this deal too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks hammerite, and carroz, will keep an eye on the deals. Saves a couple if hundred so seems good deal, especially if could go 12th Jan. Ideally want to go 19th so will see if they do a deal for then. Will see how snow fall is nearer the time. Really want to book hol now, but playing it safe and waitng till November.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we went to courchevel 1650 1st week of jan this year, and by that time they'd had more snow there than in the whole of the previous season!
definitely a good time to go, quieter slopes, availability of good instructors, good snow, but might be cold.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Can anyone remember if it was good snow last Christmas/Jan

whether it was good snow last Christmas/Jan is a bit irrelevant, really, and has no relationship to whether there will be good snow for 2012/13. Last year was a particularly atypical year, in terms of the ginormous traffic-disrupting dumps of early snow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="pam w"]
Quote:

whether it was good snow last Christmas/Jan is a bit irrelevant, really, and has no relationship to whether there will be good snow for 2012/13. Last year was a particularly atypical year, in terms of the ginormous traffic-disrupting dumps of early snow.

Indeed - better to ask how bad it was in the crappiest year and hope it's better than that.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all. A couple of appts we are looking at have the ski plus offer so presume they will still b available when come to book in November/December providing rooms still available. Anyone been to flaine. Is it expensive/good runs etc
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are usually good last-minute deals for mid january (deadest of dead times so a good time to choose). Flaine is expensive in terms of eating and drinking on the mountain - compared to lower profile French resorts, though not compared to the likes of Val D'Isere. I don't know the skiing well - only spent a few day trips there, usually when snow has been poor so some of the more interesting, lower altitude places in the wider linked area have been unavailable. Some apartments in Flaine are very convenient for the lifts, others aren't - if that's important to you, then you need to check location carefully.

There are some SHs who know that area very well - if you put a specific question about Flaine you'd get lots of good info.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if you want to listen to my spiel, i wouldnt book anything in advance for early/mid jan, its never busy and you'll get a holiday last minute where you want cheaper than what youre paying now,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Pam and Huckacliff duckabranch Will deff leave till last min. Will make a list of places where want to ski and see what is available. Skiwelt deft first choice but only if good snow in time. Serve challiere looks promising too as good amount of blues and cheaper French resort. Stil interested in Andorra and italy too so plenty of choices. Trying to stay off website now otherwise won't be talking about anything else. Have a good summer and see u all in the 2013 season1
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello Jon

I trust you're looking at Crystal's Ski Plus packages? Just to let you know these won't be on sale as last-minute offers when Jan comes. They will finish at the end of November. pam w is right in that there may be cheaper options later down the line, but if you want to have a bit more choice then always best to book something if you're happy with it now. Plus you'll need to add on lift pass, equipment/ski carriage then too.

Up to you of course, but we maintain that our Ski Plus product is the best combination of convenience and value for money there is!

All the best
Simon
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Simon. thanks for this, I will leave as late as possible, so if offer runs till end of Nov, I may book it just before then. (should have an idea of any snow falling by then!)
Going to spend the summer reviewing the resorts and choosing best accomodation. Seen a Ski+ in Flaine, but been told its expensive out there, so probably end up just booking a standard TO deal.
thanks for letting me know though
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jon Ford, Crystal's Ski+ can definitely be a great deal, just beware what caught out a few previously, its carriage/ski hire included but ski hire doesn't include boots, just the skis. Also, if you go to resorts with different types of lift pass (eg Les Arcs has local, discovery and Paradiski) then you'll just need to check exactly which lift pass you get. In my previous experience working with Crystal a small number of customers didn't read the terms properly until arrival in resort.

Just a couple of things to look out for, but like I say, get it all sorted beforehand and they do provide some really good deals.
latest report
Quote:

ski hire doesn't include boots

good point. Boot hire on its own can be surprisingly expensive - it's generally a lot cheaper as a package with skis.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy