Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowrental problem

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Has anyone ever tried to contact Snowrental and actually managed to get a response from them? We had to cancel a trip at Easter and we'd booked ski hire through Snowrental. To make a claim with my insurance company I just need an email from them confirming that they have not already refunded us. Getting this is proving a nightmare-can't get through on the phone whatever option I take (including the one to pay them some money!), emails take days/weeks to get a response. They've confirmed with the hire shop that we didn't use the booking so I just need a 10 second email off them to say they haven't refunded us!!

Does anyone have any back door into Snowrental or has managed to get through to someone? I'd write a letter to the Head Office but can't find the name of someone to address it to!

Cheers in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I emailed help@snowrental.net when I selected the wrong shop in Arabba. A quick reply was forthcoming and the error corrected - but that was in season. Perhaps they're on hols?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, that's the email address I used. There is someone around (called Emma) who has got back to me on a couple of occasions after much delay! I suppose they could just be understaffed at the moment?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have found Snowrental absolutely shocking. After promising me a refund in January due to their muck up in my booking, wrong shop etc etc and after goodness knows how many e-mails - up to at least double figures, I have given up on my refund. I too was in numerous e-mail contact with Emma and also spoke to their office on several occasions. Still no refund and now no replies to e-mails. I wont be using them again. Poor administration and extremely poor customer relations!

I do hope you have better luck with them that I did and you receive the e-mail for your Insurers.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been trying to make a booking with Snowrental online (for Zermatt at Christmas), having used them previously without problems. But I can't get the website to work, or get any response via e-mail or phone. Does anyone know if they're still trading? Mind you, based on other posts, I think I'll be looking elsewhere - suggestions welcome.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used Snowrental quite a few times over the years and had no problems. Was charged twice for hire last year ( at time of booking and in the shop) and have been trying to get a refund. Had a reply about April saying they would look into it but nothing since. No email replies and the website as stated above isn't working. I've tried their sister company Ski Horizons and also no reply. It's almost ski season so you'd think they'd be open for business by now.
I think they must have folded.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had heard a rumour a while ago that they'd folded. Sad

Shame, because I've always found them to be cheap and never had any problems. I recommended them quite a lot to friends. It sounds like they're (were) hopeless when something goes wrong though. Seems to be how the "low-cost" business model works in most cases.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes they are an ex-rental company, they have ceased to be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My friends recommended me this site too, but you can´t book on snowrental.

Are there any alternatives?

My family and I will go to Meribel in Feb.

thx

Rod
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
powmania78 wrote:

thx

Rod

SnowHeads get a discount at SkiSet - they seem to have several shops in the various Meribels. Not sure how you get the discount, though Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I used AlpinResorts again search on here to find the discount code. We used them to hire skis in Courcheval previously and we have booked through for St Anton this year.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Red Leon wrote:
powmania78 wrote:

thx

Rod

SnowHeads get a discount at Skiset - they seem to have several shops in the various Meribels. Not sure how you get the discount, though Embarassed
Red Leon, the automagic skiset link when you post also automagically adds our discount code to get the best rate Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
but clicking on those links just gives me the error:

"Template->make_filename(): Error - file wheeeee.tpl does not exist"

Maybe it's just me though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ahh yes, seems to be specific to opera. If I try in firefox it does indeed work.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kieranm, you're using the 'mobile' template for viewing the forum which doesn't always support all functionality.

Unless you are using it deliberately for some reason, go to User Facilities (top left) => Forum profile and change the template from 'Crisp' to 'SubSilver'
snow report
admin wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
powmania78 wrote:

thx

Rod

SnowHeads get a discount at Skiset - they seem to have several shops in the various Meribels. Not sure how you get the discount, though Embarassed
Red Leon, the automagic Skiset link when you post also automagically adds our discount code to get the best rate Madeye-Smiley

not true, the ski set discount offered to snowHead on the higher end stuff is less than that I can get with a discount code.
ski holidays
Are you sure Standee? A skiset code?
snow report
admin wrote:
Red Leon, the automagic Skiset link when you post also automagically adds our discount code to get the best rate Madeye-Smiley

Not sure what you mean by 'automagic link' - should something clever happen whenever I type 'Skiset'? If not, is there a central repository of links to snowHead discounts?
snow conditions
Red Leon, that's a bit odd.
It should show you a link to here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/wheeeee.php?to=skisetplus
ski holidays
Thanks for your answers.

I just booked at www.alpinresorts.com because the are more than £ 30.- cheaper.

Hope equipment is also perfect Happy

cheers,

Rod
ski holidays
Just a quick update on the 'Snowrental problem' in the OP...I received an email advert from SnowRental the other day so maybe they are back in the land of the living.
snow report
Alpinresorts have always been excellent in my experience. Use voucher code "news133".
snow report
Stumbler wrote:
ALPINRESORTS have always been excellent in my experience. Use voucher code "news133".
Alternatively use the code: SNOWBALL which gives the same prices as news133 but helps support snowHeads too Little Angel
snow report
My experience of Snowrental is - cheap but not the cheapest. The after sales service is non existent if you have a problem. I have used them before a few times - no problems everything was fine. This time the shop had issues with my booking. I had to pay the shop extra. When I returned Snowrental were not interested. Their attitude was I had a problem with the shop and I should sort it out with the shop. They failed to acknowledge that I had already paid them Euro376 and therefore my contract was with them.
The on-line support system is a really good concept, which falls down due to the people manning it.
So on this occasion my rating of Snowrental is .. poor.
snow conditions
I think snowrental has been bought out by Skiset and revived.

Certainly, their website booking processes (including resorts/shops available) are completely identical.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy