Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How long is the transfer from Geneva to La Tania?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can't seem to get a consistent answer from my research so far.

Did Meribel this year and it took nearly 2 hours on the way there and about an hour and twenty on the way back, different times of day, a different route and a different driver!

Looking at La Tania for 2013 but not if its a 3 hour transfer!!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
how are you transferring? private taxi or minibus, TO coach or minicoach or hire and drive?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
George06, A new stretch of road has reduced the transfer to around 2 hours - a busy week, bad traffic, weather conditions will have an effect, but 2 hours is average. This is presuming a private transfer which isn't dropping off at other points. A TO coach doing that can obviously take much longer
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
George06, I would say 2 hours ..on a normal day .....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It will take almost the same time to La Tania as to Meribel. They are very close together, but La Tania is a slightly longer route. A 1:20 transfer from Meribel to Geneva is IMHO very impressive, what form of transport was it and what route did they go?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

I'm sitting in La Tania now! 2 hours on a good day. If you end up going the Annecy way (rather than the motorway) and you hit rush hour traffic this can put the time up and of course it depends on the weather conditions and traffic on the mountain. Its really not much different to Meribel. Are you going to get a transfer or hire a car?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all,

Would be via a private transfer the same as last year. We went a very scenec route on the way there and mostly motorway on the way back. It was early on a Sunday morning and I think our driver thought he was a bit of a stirling moss! Could have been an hour and a half but I recall we couldn't believe the difference in times.

will start having a nosey at some La Tania chalets now Razz
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1:20 is an astonishing time especially when you include slowing down for tolls, and the Swiss border checkpoint.

2:30 would be my 'safe' estimate. Even 2 hours is pretty impressive.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree - 2 hours on a [very] good day, nearer 3 on average. 1.20 must have had Thornyhill driving Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy