Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Resort Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice as where to go next year skiing. There is a group of about 15 people looking to go, mixed abilities. Everyone is aged between 21-24 so some good apres ski is also needed. Group of us skiied Borovets last year, and were very lucky with the weather as the snow was suprisingly good, we went there as we were on a budget as we were straight out of uni, this year we have a slightly bigger budget, and were thinking of skiing somewhere in France/Austria. Everyone has skiied before, most had their first ski trip in Borovets last year, but some also are quite advanced so we are looking for a resort to accomodate this. Any tips on what resort would be best suitable, preferbly in France/Austria and with a decent apres ski would be brilliant! Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just booked a similar type of holiday. going to westendorf for a long weekend. using munich. lots of reasonable chalets and lodgings available. not been befrore but apparently good value. loads of skiing. skiwelt and also kitz. we went to saalbach this year and that was brilliant. reasonable value but not the cheapest compared to some. chosen westendorf this time as only going for a weekend and its much nearer the airport we can get weekend flights too
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah mattiwilkin the man who was complaining that no one got back to him and then................................................
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Has cost me 6 nights for 4 but happy enough. still only had 2 get back to me. just handy one of them was first option.....................
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Gethin89,

We're based in La Plagne which sounds like it would suit most of your requirements.

It is in France has has 425km of pistes as well as plenty of cruisy-blues which would suit your one-week skiies and extends right the way up to some extreemly challenging blacks. A large percentage of the domain is above 2000m which makes for good snow, and there is glacier skiing too.

In terms of apres ski there are all of the usual bars, retuaurants and a couple of clubs plus some more unusual "apres ski" including night skiing, night sledging and an olympic bobsleigh track that you can have a go on.

We've got catered chalets (click the link in my tag line below) if that's the sort of accommodation you're looking for, or alternatively there are plenty of hotels and self catered appartments too.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for you reply, ill send that link to some mates too see what they think! =]
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gethin89,

Sounds good - drop me through a message if anyone has any questions.

Happy planning!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think you should try Avoriaz or Morzine, both resorts are good for beginners or intermediates. Best time to go is Jan, low season , quite slopes and generally a lot cheaper. You normally pay the same price in Jan as you would pay high season. Jan is always the best time to get a deal as these are always hard weeks for tour operators to sell.

You could try this http://www.thesnowtraveller.com/snowlutions/ , type in your requirements and wait for the offers to come in

Good luck
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1. Val d'Isere, France;
2. St Anton, Austria;
3. Verbier, Switzerland.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thesnowtraveller, 2 posts, 2 spams! You want mustard on that? I don't see any links to snowHeads on your "Our Friends" page. Trying to drum up activity on your site by any chance?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi

You need to look again, and 2 posts one with a link to a very useful site, the other one had no links. I have joined the site to hopefully give some information that might help.

Regards

Ps I not keen on mustard , prefer nutella
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowtraveller might be a good idea to proof read the text on your website if you want it to be taken seriously.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thesnowtraveller, nowhere near as useful as the depth of knowledge here. You have a long way to go if you want to match this site. Perhaps try the Snivel site as they are just beginning as well Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gethin89, What about UCPA?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gethin89,
I would definately recommend the Ski Welt in Austria. Brilliant slopes, reasonable prices in the mountain restaurants and no worries about paying rip off prices.
Scheffau, Ellmau and Soll are all excellent and would be really good for the 2nd time skiers and also for the advanced skiers. Smile

Do your research and than make up your mind.

Moonshine Smile
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue wrote:
thesnowtraveller, nowhere near as useful as the depth of knowledge here. You have a long way to go if you want to match this site. Perhaps try the Snivel site as they are just beginning as well Toofy Grin

thanks, i am not trying match this site I never will, I am a accommodation based website and not a forum. This is a great site and I am not wanting to copy anything from here. Thanks for the heads up on snow vole.

Regards
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
1. Val d'Isere, France;
2. St Anton, Austria;
3. Verbier, Switzerland.

Most of them had first ski trip to borovets last year. Are these the 3 resorts you are advising them to avoid??
snow report
thesnowtraveller, your list of resorts is ludicrously limited. Not fair to point people at your site when they'll get far wider ranging answers here. You seem to believe that Austria has 9 resorts! Definite spamming.

Gethin89, Schladming might be an option for you in the Ski Amade in Austria, decent town and mountains with almost exclusively blues and reds with lots of relatively easy stuff. Has good local beer, a few decent bars and prices are reasonable. I like Ellmau too though think the Apres might be a bit limited for you there. Soll is meant to be better for Apres but haven't been there myself.

Edit - for Austrian apres Saalbach Hinterglemm and Solden would also be worth a look. They should still have enough for the less experienced skiers too and definitely have good apres.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy