Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton with my wife and 4 year old nipper...catered chalet??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We have been going to La Tania for the past few years and would like a change of scenery. Is it possible to get a catered chalet with a family friendly company that does in-house childcare in St Anton?

We have shallow pockets so looking for a good deal, preferably for March.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't fancy EspritSki, reviews an trip advisor are all a bit pants.

Any ideas greatly recieved.

Cheers
Mr Ted
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mr ted, I'd say Ski Total but they're pantsier than Esprit!! However, what I did see of Ski Total's childcare was rather good. The Childcare operation was part of the apart-chalet complex Mountain Star at Nasserein, had plenty of capable staff, varied activities programme outside of skiing, and looked well organised.

With not so deep pockets sadly you may just have to consider the Ski Total/EspritSki combo.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mr ted, Why are you anti Esprit?; we've used them 6 times and had one holiday that was less than 100% - resort manager was a muppet and thus the staff got away with doing less than they should. We've had 3 trips to St. Andton and the Alber on the last one was starting to look a bit tired, but the staff were excellent; they are not using it this year. Staff were saqying that the Pepi is a nice chalet and it's next to the Nasserin lift! If we had the cash, we would use Esprit and go to the Pepe!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have booked to go with Esprit to Pepi Gabl next April, going the last week of the season as that is the cheapest week. I saw those Trip Advisor reviews and it did make me hesitate but as my past experience with Esprit was in my book outstanding (along with others i know on here) that I decided to go ahead and book it. That accomodation is new to Esprit so i am hoping it was a contributing factor. I did point out the negative reviews to the person i booled with in the hope that the Esprit management make take notice and ensure that next season doesnt suffer same issues.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm. Tripadvisor. That'll be accurate then. Much more so than all the good reports here. <irony>

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 20-06-12 11:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went with Esprit for the first time last Feb to Selva. We do not need extensive child care as our kids were 9 and 16 then. We always go to chalets . Our impressions: chalet quite basic in furnishings and fittings , but big rooms - food OK . Staff tried very hard to please. Child care top rate from what we saw and what the other parents said. Ski guiding very good - kept my kids occupied for 3 days.

Best of all ; a great bunch of people - a real pleasure to have dinner with every night.

Loads of kids who all got on well which also helped. But be aware that under 13s have to eat together and cannot join the adult meal. Personally I think this is great .

We found with 4 year olds skiing all day is unlikely. Therefore good childcare may be important so I would not write Esprit off - I would call them and ask the ages of the kids booked in that week - we always do this so to try and ensure our kids have others of a like age to play with. I think good value for money which is why next Dec we will go to Lech with their sister company Ski Total .

John
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the skiing for four year old my eldest was 4 when we last went with them she was in snowclub for the morning ha lunch then was taken to spritelets skiing lesson this was done with an ESF instructor and there was only 3 of them in the class. They were accompanied all through the lesson with an esprit member of staff.

We also particualy like that children eat together as it meant my girls were eating at a time they are used to which as youngest was 1 particuarly important to me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.igluski.com/st-anton/raffl-s-st-antonerhof_p24326
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mr ted, Will your kid ski? If so the ski school runs from around 9.30 to 3 with supervised lunches for around €10 per lunch. You could therefore spread your net wider, in terms of choice of accommodation. Probably better staying in the Nasserein part of town if your kid is skiing, as that's where the nursery slopes are.

If you're on a bit of a budget St Anton might not quite be the best option for you (although is the best ski resort I've ever been to).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mr ted, Mark Warner chalet hotel Schweizerhof, slightly out of town, but good child care, they will run you down to the Nasserein and collect.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 21-06-12 12:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
theskibob wrote:
mr ted, I'd say Ski Total but they're pantsier than Esprit!! However, what I did see of Ski Total's childcare was rather good. The Childcare operation was part of the apart-chalet complex Mountain Star at Nasserein, had plenty of capable staff, varied activities programme outside of skiing, and looked well organised.

With not so deep pockets sadly you may just have to consider the Ski Total/EspritSki combo.

Ski Total don't do childcare, they're a sister company to Esprit, hence Snow Club being in the Mountain Star building (next door to the Adler, one of the Esprit chalets in resort and only a very short walk from the other, the Pepi, which as already been mentionned is right next door to the Nassereinbahn and th enursery slopes at that end of town).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sitter wrote:
theskibob wrote:

Ski Total don't do childcare, they're a sister company to Esprit, hence Snow Club being in the Mountain Star building (next door to the Adler, one of the Esprit chalets in resort and only a very short walk from the other, the Pepi, which as already been mentionned is right next door to the Nassereinbahn and th enursery slopes at that end of town).

Looks like my opinion is even pantsier than Ski Total!!!!!!!!

You must be an employee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, Get better staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy