Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female ski jumpers demand right to fly in Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The growing demands by female athletes for parity with men at the Olympic Games - specifically the Winter Olympics - are coming to a head again. Two leading US nordic ski jumpers - Lindsey Van and Allisa Johnson, both from Park City, Utah - have made the film 'Jump Like a Girl' which is intended to further the cause of equality.

This report from ksl.com.
Lindsey Van makes plain her grievance: "Its 2005. I mean women are in every other single winter sport and there are women in ski jumping so I don't even see a reason why they've been excluded at all."

In the ksl report she is primarily critical of the International Ski Federation, which essentially advises the International Olympic Committee on the development of the Winter Games.

Any comment on these issues?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was under the impression that FIS had set up a "Continental Cup" for women, so change is on the way. It needs to be a Nordic World Championship event before it can become an official discipline in the Olympics, but I don't know if it's been approved for Sapporo or not.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Moves are now underway to have women's nordic jumping included in World Championships and the Winter Olympics. The International Ski Federation (FIS) will consider initiatives by the United States and Canadian national ski associations this November, and take a decision next May.

This news release from the United States Ski and Snowboard Association.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy