Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KJUS Ski Wear

Poster: A snowHead
Any opinions on it? I'd never heard of it to be honest, but a friend is thinking of getting some.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know about it, but it sounds ok
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1, I have heard of it, and it's in the S&R catalogue. Contact ise, I think he had some last winter, only available in black he said! wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, I tried a jacket on two or three years ago. Went back to buy, and they had sold out gutted most comfortable jacket I've ever tried on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kjus from S & R
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, Oooh it's really expensive Shocked . I see they do a stretch fabric range, presumably for the man with the fuller figure wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have Kjus jacket and trousers, they're fairly pricey but about par for that market sector. It's great stuff, it's stood up to a season of usage in a variety of conditions and I've no adverse experience to speak of.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bloody Hell!!! Does that price include one of the women in the picture? NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlatanefc, As you can see from the price tags, all snowheads are equal, but some are more equal than others wink Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's about the same price as most top end stuff to be honest.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can I own up to buying a red one last year? Embarassed Yes, I know it was very pricey but it was my treat to myself and it fits sooo beautifully and has lots of nice pockets in the right places and a balaclava zipped into the neck Very Happy Oh and the material is really nice. What further technical info do you want?? wink Justified it to myself just fine I reckon. Surprisingly Mr C put up no objections Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cathy Coins, Well, you were convinced then Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, well at least I drew the line at £280 for the ski pants. Even I thought that was a bit extreme for a pair of trousers snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer, Cathy Coins, and I thought I was being flash coughing up nearly £200 for my North Face jacket rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Charlatanefc, minor league wink Very Happy
snow conditions
Cathy Coins, I own up to buying a Descente jacket some years ago. Beautiful quality, still got it-and it still fits!
snow conditions
snowbunny, you see I wanted to have one good nice jacket - and as some snowHeads may remember I made a bit of a mistake with a lime green Killy jacket with leather shoulders Embarassed Thought it was a bargain in the sale but its only a bargain if you wear it wink . After a year of not bringing myself to put it on I realised it had to go and ebay came to the rescue Very Happy
ski holidays
Assume it is a Swiss Company but is it Swiss made..?

For those prices it better be..!!
snow report
Lasse Kjus is Norwegian of course, but the gear could be made anywhere...Taiwan, China who knows? I tried on a Kjus jacket a few years ago in St Anton and it was nice but not worth the price of a week skiing (£500). I got my Arcteryx one last season for half price (reduced to £200) and that was expensive enough, but hopefully will last me 10 seasons at 3 weeks per season.
ski holidays
Plake,

£300 is a lot of money for a jacket made in the Far East. The least high-end jackets can be for that price is made by Europeans who are paid a European type salary.

Arcteryx used to be - as did Berghaus and others - a small technical company but they don't make kit locally anymore They sold out to Salomon and ship their Ops to the far east.
ski holidays
Quote:

Arcteryx used to be - as did Berghaus and others - a small technical company but they don't make kit locally anymore They sold out to Salomon and ship their Ops to the far east.

Not sure I agree with you on that, JT. I got an Arc'teryx Alpha SV back in January. I have just checked it and it definately says it was made in Vancouver, B.C. (Having said that, I don't really care where it was made as it's still the best Very Happy ).
snow report
Cathy Coins, tell my bank manager that Very Happy
snow conditions
JT wrote:
Assume it is a Swiss Company but is it Swiss made..?

Just checked my jacket and its a Swiss company (LK International AG) but nothing to say where it is made, if it is outside Switzerland.
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, Laughing
latest report
My old Berghaus gore-tex (the two pocket version of the old trango extreme) is now over 15 years old and still going strong. Got it in a sale for £120 if I remember. Does that make me a total cheapskate? snowHead
ski holidays
Scarpa,

No, I have a Trango Extreme and it is still useable, Of course the fabric is a lot heavier now but still a good jacket and trews IMO

conor, Thats good to hear, I was pretty sure that they were made in the far east now, still I'll check at the ski show.

I have a French Eider climbing jacket which I am pleased to say is made in France. When I cut the fabric on a rock I sent it back and they replaced the whole panel for about 40eu and took 10 days, door to door. And the jacket is red which can sun-bleach and you cannot see the difference, Very impressed with that service from them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy