Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inside Out - Meribel, December 2012

Poster: A snowHead
I'm seriously considering booking this, I went with Inside Out in December 2010 and it was brilliant - great chalet, lovely food, amazing snow conditions (champagne powder!) and really good company. Not to mention fab instruction from the Inside Out guys. Anyone else up for it? Very Happy

http://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays.html#2

Oh, and bonus free clinic at Hemel if you book before the end of July Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Emmeline, a few of the regulars are already booked. About half of the people I went out with last year are going again, so you'd be in good company. I think you know Simon G. I'm doing the PSB instead and will be balancing I/O and sH trips for a while. You can see who else is booked on I/O trips if you look at the calendar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha, the regulars! Cool, I'll check out the calendar, cheers. Will be nice to see Simon again Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
little ms spock - actually the PSB looks fun as well! Hmmm!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Emmeline, you know you want to...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tempted... (not been on one since the 1st in Sölden, and could use a bit of a refresh)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
little ms spock - ooooh, blimey! Will have to have a think. Where is this calendar of which you speak?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Emmeline, go to the I/O home page and click on the calendar icon (top right, ish) then click on the event and see who has signed up (First Name and initial of Surname only).
Bashes are fun! Really, really fun. You should give it a go. Bring the bf. There are plenty of people to keep you both busy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Emmeline, I'm booked on the IO trip as are a few other snowheads, linds for example, alleged cathy might be making it as far as gatwick just to delay our flights a bit..

There's a private fb group running on the trip already, so if you know any of the aforementioned then they'll let you know the secret passcode, don't both asking Rob or Scott as we haven't invited them yet Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett, or me Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
little ms spock - ahah! Nice one, thanks Smile God help me though, there's no other females on the June trip before you get there for the 2nd half!!!!

bertie bassett, cool - glad to hear it Smile Thanks - I don't think I know anyone that's going apart from Simon, so don't think I'll get the passcode -boo!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wondered why everyone had suddenly changed their flights to Heathrow Confused

No, I can't get away from work then so won't be going on the Meribel trip Sad I quite fancy the October one again though but dependant on finances...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooooooh....... cathy, yes, I do know you (kind of!). But you're not going so I still don't know anyone other than Simon. Hmm.... October one, that's tempting too, though don't think I'll be able to get away from work then as got a holiday in September. What was the October one like, better skiing than June I guess, but colder in the afternoon?!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Emmeline, I don't know Simon who's going but everyone else who is booked is very nice, I was on the March trip to the Dolomites with them. Have we met? Sorry if we have, I'm pretty bad with real names & sH names....

Skiing in October I guess really is dependant on the weather. I went on the 2010 trip and we had great conditions, fresh snow before we arrived, a top-up whilst we were there, lifts running. But if the weather is bad with strong winds, the cable car can shut down. I think from memory we were able to ski until about 3.30 each day, so a pretty good day's skiing. Pictures here http://www.insideoutskiing.com/gallery/preseasonphotos.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy, I don't think we've physically met (or maybe we have at the Fridge, but I'm just as bad at working out names!) but we chatted a bit on the other thread about the Tignes summer trip (and some other threads), and you had a look at my FB photos (viewable cos you're friends of a friend) - so I kind of class that as knowing you Smile I think!

Ah yeah, always the weather! Hmm... not good if the cable car shuts down, guess you'd be scuppered then! I only did the 3 days last year (June) and didn't do much skiing on the last day cos there was a blizzard, and I stupidly hadn't taken a waterproof jacket! A handful of the others stayed out though, the truly hardcore Very Happy Wow, 3:30!! We had to stop around 1pm, cos it got too slushy, but then we had the afternoon to get up to all sorts of jiggery pokery Very Happy Great, I'll have a look at your photos a bit later on, thanks Very Happy
snow report
little ms spock, flip - I can't get to the PSB - no flights either on the 1st or the 4th Dec from airports near me (Telford). Didn't really want to have to go down to London. Have tried B/Ham, Manchester, Bristol & Liverpool. The 4 day session would have been ideal too, as I'm actually having to scrape leave together to manage a full week! Curses!
ski holidays
I've registered interest on the PSB page anyway, so someone might suggest something Very Happy Not forgetting Plan A though, would still love to do Meribel!
ski holidays
Emmeline, ah yes, I 'know' you in that way Toofy Grin Yes, I think the funicular stopped running at 3.30 in Oct. The snow hadn't got slushy at all by then.
snow report
Emmeline wrote:
I've registered interest on the PSB page anyway, so someone might suggest something Very Happy Not forgetting Plan A though, would still love to do Meribel!

Emmeline, if you're registered for the PSB you should be able to see the Travel Details, there are a few people travelling from Manchester and Luton isn't that far from the Midlands. The only downside for me is that I'll be doing Tignes twice in a row.
ski holidays
cathy - just seen your post on the other thread, glacier looks amazing! Very Happy Yeah, we were water skiing by 13:00 on some days last year Wink

little ms spock, cheers - will have a look at the Travel Details. I couldn't find anything from Manchester when I looked, but it was only with Easything, so may find something else. Haha, Luton not far - I guess if you don't call 2.5 hours far! Mind you I go there for work and Fridge (as you know) so it's doable!

Downside? What downside? I'm sure Tignes in winter is a whole different ball game from how it will be next week. You gonna do white water rafting??? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
HiEmmeline, Meribel, class of 2010 calling...i'm doing PSB then intending to head to Val T direct (prob not on skis!) the following week if a cheapo chalet deal can be had, in which case wld be cool to hook up for some skiing in the afternoons.... Patrick
latest report
DoubleBombardino, - I thought like you sounded like the voice of all reason on that Bansko thread, but wasn't sure who you were then! All makes sense now!
Anyway - loving the new handle, and am really happy to hear from you, I hope you're well Smile
PSB AND Val T - hardcore!!
Think I'm gonna book myself onto the Meribel sesh as soon as my PPI claim comes through (£1400 - get in!!), so I'll hopefully see you skiing past me (like a pro) in the general area, while Rob gets me to do crane drills on the 'easy' blue Smile Smile
Wax On, Wax Off!
PS - why don't you just do the IO trip? You know you wanna!!?? Smile
Oh, and in VT- isn't there one of those awesome outdoor bars like the Pano in L2A?
If so I may well have to abandon one of the Radio Times' most favourite chalets, to come and have bop in my ski boots Madeye-Smiley
latest report
bertie bassett wrote:
Emmeline, I'm booked on the IO trip as are a few other snowheads, linds for example, alleged cathy might be making it as far as gatwick just to delay our flights a bit..

There's a private fb group running on the trip already, so if you know any of the aforementioned then they'll let you know the secret passcode, don't both asking Rob or Scott as we haven't invited them yet Laughing

It was set up for arranging flights and working out who was going from last year etc Laughing

Emmeline if you message me your facebook/proper name and I will add you, Simon and some others are on there.
So far there are 4 of us going from Heathrow with Swiss so no ski charges Very Happy
snow report
Linds wrote:
So far there are 4 of us going from Heathrow with Swiss so no ski charges Very Happy
Definitely a good option. That's my preferred route these days for flights to Geneva.
snow report
bertie bassett wrote:
I suspect it's the place where little jokes like this are hatched:

Laughing
snow conditions
Noooooooo the Facebook group started when Meribel course was announced Very Happy But then when a countdown clock started we were banished to into a very quiet corner rolling eyes
It was 25 weeks to go yesterday! rolling eyes
snow conditions
haha - liking the Ikea beakers too Wink
snow conditions
andy wrote:
haha - liking the Ikea beakers too Wink

Laughing Only just spotted those! It was our first night in San Cassiano this season and Linds, who had been in the same hotel the previous week, arranged the seating plan for dinner.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy