Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler - Peak to Peak Gondola

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if anyone has already reported this, havent been around much recently. Blimey it will cause some debate, but be a huge change if it comes off.

(Pique Newsmagazine article)

Some stats about the new gondola:

• 4.4 km in length from Roundhouse to Rendezvous

• 2.9 km free span

• highest point is 415 metres

• 26 gondola cars

• capacity for 30 people per car (24 sitting, six standing)

• capacity to move 4,000 guests per hour (2,000 each way)

• four towers

• gondola type: Doppelmayr 3S
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HI Wear The Fox Hat, should have known you would notice that one.

It will be amazing me thinks (environmental issues aside), and really help the ski out at end of the day, if people can do it straight from the right mountain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Robbie, but it could also make one mountain busier than the other - people could be up in sunburnt, then very quickly get over to 7th H when it opens...

Overall, a good idea. Next time I'm there, I'll be able to start my Apres in Merlins every night!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, but make it easier to escape the tourist crowds too, if you can just pop over to the other one.

oooh, Apres in Merlins, that in itself is a good enough reason to hope it goes ahead!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've always found there to be plenty of skiing on either mountain, never really needed to move between the two of them during the day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only good reasons I can see for it are:
- Makes Blackcomb more accessable from Creekside (I'm pretty sure this must be the _real_ reason for it as Intrawest seems to be throwing a lot of money at Creekside)
- Would make for pretty spectacular views - though pretty scary too!! Shocked

I reckon if you try hard enough it wouldn't take all that much longer to ski to the base and go back up again

How often would it be open? - it gets pretty windy up there! Maybe it'll be a funky 2 cable one like the one at Val Despair - that seems to go in all weather.
Maybe they should throw some money at the existing gondolas to avoid the queues at the base (they cocked up big time this season by converting Fitzsimmons to a bike lift at the start of march only for winter to arrive (maybe this was the plan!) and the village gondola to break down on a saturday with 43cm of fresh snow!).
I hate it when they jam 10 people into the gondola and you have to stand all the way - and oh didn't I mention it has had a few mechanical issues - Robbie, didn't you get to find this out first hand? rolling eyes snowHead

Mmmmmmm - Merlins..... nachos...... Extremely lounge (it must be February soon?) snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stuarth, Could you possibly be referring to the time that darn gondola had to stop so hard, and swung so much, that i was in imminant danger of vomiting all over the DM coaches, so close to it, that i had taken my helmet off ready to sacrificie it as a recepticle?? Embarassed

Only 77 sleeps for me Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Robbie, I hope you had the plugs in it!! Shocked
I think that would be the same time that I was in a Gondola full of people who had been playing spoof all night - quite amazing how much vertical movement you get!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That gondola can be quite hellish can't it?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Robbie, and stuarth, think I was on the same gondola last March with a stag party...... we were stuck for half an hour at end of day
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Robbie, hi nice to see you back. How's the shoulder?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, Hello *waves*

Shoulder is really good, the surgery was amazing, very painful at the time, but the recovery has been great. As of a few weeks ago i have been back riding my bike and playing golf, so all good. It is pretty much fixed and ready for the ski season. Still cant put any direct weight on it, so will have to find some poor sucker to carry my skis for me, but apart from that all good.

Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy