Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for resort pls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend of mine has asked for recoomendations for a resort that has the below. It's not a set of criteria that I use so I though I'd ask here:
Lots of chalets
Lots of easy blues & reds
Good off-piste (with a guide service)

Many thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dsoutar, That's why I own in Samoens -Grand Massif. Morzine and Verbier to an extent also fit that bill for me. ZigZag even have one of two back country runs they abseil to in Samoens. Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Courchevel!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dsoutar, Your friend won't do better than La Rosiere, lots of chalets, Ski Olympic, MoreAlps, A Mountain Chalet etc. The Espace San Bernardo has 3500 hectacres of skiing available, 160 kms of piste and heli-skiing. Both ESF and Evo2 have qualified mountain guides in their brigades. If you stay either with MoreAlps or A Mountain Chalet you could be able to persuade the owners to show you where the best routes are. Both Tim (A Mountain Chalet) and Dan (MoreAlps) have worked and lived in the village for more than 10 years and offer ski-hosting for their guests. The North Face of Le Redoute (the Fort) is especially challenging but there are masses of off-piste which doesn't get skiied out quickly as both La Rosiere and La Thuile are primarily family resorts. The Ruitor glacier off-piste route - heli-skiing, is rated as one of the world's best off-piste itineries. There is also an off-piste route from La Thuile to Courmayer which can be linked to a descent of the Valle Blanche. You'll also enjoy some of the lowest pricing sking in the Alps, the Espace San Bernardo is very godd value, especially when cpompared to the mega ski resorts nearby. Alternatively you could take a Ski Randonee trip and ski off-piste from Val d'Isere to Tignes and Les Arcs with a guide, not forgetting Ste Foy if there's fresh powder.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Even though I would say Tignes/Val d'Isere is a great off piste area, it sounds as though your friend may be better off La Rosiere or Morzine - two well advised recommendations from above. I would have said La Plagne but this is more hotels and apartments.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy