Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis from 2001

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any advice whether there would be any marked difference between 2001 season carvers and this years models, I realise at top end, yes but to a competant black piste skier who hardly ventures off piste is there any real difference?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
martski, The best thing for you to do is to try some. If you are happy with your current skis, and they are still in good nick then why change ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
martski, I would venture to suggest not hugely...? My 9Xs (2004) are not markedly different to ski on than my prior 2001 pair, although they are a little better in powder being a little wider.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There will always be some differences, whether 1) you'd be able to tell or 2) the designer / manufacturer will be able to tell is the main question.

If you're trying to justify buying new skis then: YES, the 2001 skis will be shot to pieces and you'll be much better off on a brand new (I like the e-bay BNWT thing) all singing, all dancing skis. Get all the brochures you can lay your hands on etc... test... blah blah...

Otherwise, how much skiing have they had and have they been well looked after? If not much and yes AND you like the skis then don't give it another thought.

Save the money and get an extra weeks skiing in. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy