Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The winter that refuses to die

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see that yet more snow is forecast for Tignes this weekend. This seems to be the winter that refuses to die. Which is brilliant as I'm going there for a week of summer skiing next month, so I'm hoping the glacier will be set up perfectly with the great end of season snow we had, plus the regular top ups since it finished. I see that snowforecast.com is guestimating 10cm tomorrow. I'm sure that will be ± a few cm, here or there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, Fab! Have an excellent time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking for a summer fix. Which runs are actually open during the summer at Tignes? Is it worth waiting until the glacier in Val d'Isere opens up as well?

Only been 6 weeks since I was in Tignes last (3 weeks based in Le Lac) and withdrawal symptoms are pretty bad.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Glacier in Val is not that impressive and normally only manages to stay open for a month or two (though with the snow this season might be a better summer).

The only skiing in Tignes unless you want to hike is on the glaciers, but there is quite a lot of terrain. Just beware as it gets stupidly busy with rqce teams from all over France and Italy.

Have fun both of you.

Andy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in Tignes for the opening week of the summer season last year (3rd week of June). Generally it was very quiet, a couple of race clubs and some instructor exams taking place, so no lifts queues and very quiet pistes. There were a few runs on the glacier open: the red/black from the top of the cablecar, 3500, Glacier, Champagny, Rosolin and Dahu down to the Vanoise chairlift. Don't think that waiting until the Pisallies (sp?) glacier opens adds much to what is available.

Weather-wise we had a bit of everything. Fresh snow, blue skies, cold days, warm days and a bit of rain. Sometimes it felt like mid-winter and snowed a little to resort level, other times it was t-shirt weather. Wrote a blog report about our trip here if anyone is interested.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went with rob@rar, last summer. great for a short break.

skiing till early afternoon then various activities in the afternoon. white water rafting, mountain biking and a spot of. via feratta .
wish I could go again this summer but sadly a bit to busy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I posted this in the Pyreneese thread, snowing today down to 1500m in Baqueira:

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
We were in Tignes for the opening week of the summer season last year (3rd week of June). Generally it was very quiet, a couple of race clubs and some instructor exams taking place, so no lifts queues and very quiet pistes. There were a few runs on the glacier open: the red/black from the top of the cablecar, 3500, Glacier, Champagny, Rosolin and Dahu down to the Vanoise chairlift. Don't think that waiting until the Pisallies (sp?) glacier opens adds much to what is available.

Weather-wise we had a bit of everything. Fresh snow, blue skies, cold days, warm days and a bit of rain. Sometimes it felt like mid-winter and snowed a little to resort level, other times it was t-shirt weather. Wrote a blog report about our trip here if anyone is interested.

Very interesting read, I'd love to do that! Loved all the pics.

Strange seeing Tignes all green and snowless though. Going skiing in June would be awesome.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, forgot how good the photos came out from that trip...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
simply awful in the alps today

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, where is that and how high? Great conditions for the 24th May it seems!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski wrote:
davidof, where is that and how high? Great conditions for the 24th May it seems!!

it was a bit heavier than it looks, that has been the run of things this spring, fresh snow but then cloud clagging the summits so you only get to ski a day after the best conditions. It was at 2800 meters in the Belledonne range above Allevard.

Final day was la Belle Etoile on the 13th June, since then, skis definitely in the cupboard waiting for the autumn, still it has been a good, if late, season.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy