Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer skiing in Hintertux (BASI level 2)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, not a regular here, not sure I've posted in the right place.

Looks like I'm heading out to Hintertux, Austria, in August to do my BASI level 2 since the Scottish snow disapeared when it was needed this year. Sad

Never done summer skiing before, not really sure what to expect. I have skied in scorcher weather in Scotland in Europe and I can only imagine its a simmilar sort of story in terms of what to wear on the slopes. Thinking along the line of a thin gore-tex shell with some kind of breathable t-shirt underneath. Does that sound about right?

I'm also aware that given its a glacier, it might be quite icy in the morning? Or is that completely wrong...

Another thing, Redpoint is the obvious choice for accomodation/transfers as recomended by BASI. Does anyone have any comments regarding them? Also is there any reason why its proving difficult getting in contact with them via e-mail? Phoniing is difficult given I work 8am-6pm 5 days a week.

And that brings me on to my last question, should I not get accomodation with them for whatever reason, what would you think is my best alternative and how would getting to Hintertux from Munich work using public transport? Shudder at the thought.

Also any snowheads going for this course? wink

Anyway thanks in advance! snowHead
Cammy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi You may want to repost this in the Bend-Ze_Knees section here on snowheads

Also, the facebook thing seems to have picked up now with lots of people posting on that
Go to FB and serch on "BASI Memebers Group" and join that, then post any questions there.

There is an official BASI FB thing but most people use the Members Group for posting
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am also booked on to this course (I presume you are refering to the one starting on 30th July) along with 5 others from the Glasgow area. We've booked flights to Munich and accomodation in Hintertux independently. It's working out much cheaper than using Redpoint.

If you send me a PM I'll let you know what arrangements we've been made.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Donald C, check out Fiur Seasons for the transfer - cheaper than the Redpoint bus ... reliable, and those who used it in April spent much less time hanging around the airport.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Donald C, you need to do something to your profile to enable Private Messages (maybe add an email?) as you cannot get them.
My daughter (aged 1Cool is doing that course too....she would love to know alternatives to £££ Redpoint.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, www.joerglerhof.at/ worthy of a look - stayed there once, good value and convenient
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your responced guys! Appreciated!

Tried contacting redpoint via e-mail and telephone on a number of occasions and nae luck so far. So might have to consider alternatives.

My biggest concern is with transfers; Knowing me I'd get lost in deepest Germany, which is why a direct transfer with Redpoint is so appealing.

Donald C, You're 'down a crevasse' in Snowhead land! You need to give SnowHeads your e-mail before anyone can PM you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cammyammy wrote:

My biggest concern is with transfers; Knowing me I'd get lost in deepest Germany, which is why a direct transfer with Redpoint is so appealing.

check out my post above about Four Seasons Travel - just as (if nor more so) convenient then Redpoint transfers, but cheaper ...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Getting from Munich to Hintertux by public transport is no problem. For accommodation try the Hintertux tourist office - lots of accommodation options of different prices on there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Deutsche Bahn website is always a good starting point and the the OBB one - usually includes the bus connections as well.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Car share to hintertux 29th july. I am going to be driving out to hintertux and thought that if anyone else is thinking of doing the same then it would be cheaper to double up. I have a little ford transit connect so maximum 2 persons but plenty of space for luggage in the rear. If anyone is interested let me know. I am living in sw london. Cheers my phone number is 07712426397 if you want to message me or call that is fine. Ben
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy