Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Child care in Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Well after missing last season due to the arrival of our little boy we are now looking for childcare for him for part of the week we have booked to Alpe d'Huez at New Year.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of the resort's municipal creche Les Intrepides?? It seems to be the only place to take children under 2 years.

Or does anyone know of any private nanny service in this resort?

Unfortunately (due to going with a group of friends) we are booked independently so I can't take advantage of tour operator childcare which would have been my preferred option to start out in family skiing!!

Any suggestions gratefully received. (Can't leave him at home - not an option)

Thanks. Sarah
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sarah - I have some bad news for you. Whilst the Intrepides is where we take out daughter and is excellent it has been oversubscribed by a baby boom in ADH. The creche is only taking local children. I will try an find out the options and get back to you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah, Although you are going independently, still try the TO's. Some friends of ours have used both Silver Ski and Espirit's creche's in the past when staying independently. Space was available so it's just going to waste if not used plus the TO gets a bit more profit. One of them even charged less than the brochure price! So research which TO's do their own creche in AdH and start asking!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know Mark Warner and Crystal do - I think they are the only 2.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarah, boredsurfin, thanks a lot.

Do you think its worth asking the TOs now or when we arrive in resort? I'm inclined to do the latter as I feel that their 'official line' will be that they only take clients' children and I might have more chance arranging it informally in resort if they have space.

Thomson do a creche too. I have half thought of changing our hol a bit so we are going with Thomson but it is a lot of hassle to cancel and rebook and flights are different etc so this is not my preferred option.

Sarah, do you think the situation at Intrepides may change?

Really grateful for your advice. Thanks!

Sarah
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, I know my aunt and uncle stayed in the Vallee Blanche with Crystal and their kiddies were in the creche there. They went 2 years runnign so it cant have been bad.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee, I used to work in Ze Shop which the Vallee Blanche clients use for ski hire and I only every heard compliments about the Cystal kiddies club.

re the Intrepides, if you were coming off-season I think there might have been the possibility of finding a space but at New Year its impossible. If I hear of a nanny service starting in the resort (which is possible given the situation) I shall keep you posted.

I think waiting until you are in resort is probably the best bet as you rightly say. I do know of one girl who works at Les Eterlous and will have 2 days off per week who wold be interested in looking after your little one for a couple of days - I know not an ideal solution but please do PM me before coming and I'll give you me number if you think I might be able to help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy