Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Visits to US ski resorts down by 10 million in 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many resorts in the US opened late and closed early due to lack of snow, and the visitor numbers show it. Almost 10 million fewer skiers and snowboarders visited US resorts during the 2011-2012 season, than during the previous season....The National Ski Areas Association has reported that visits to US ski resorts totalled an estimated 51 million, which is the lowest total since 1991-1992.
See: http://summitcountyvoice.com/2012/05/07/snow-woes-u-s-skier-visits-drop-by-10-million/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
North American skiing is clearly finished! Dooomed I tell ya!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
More modest declines in total days of operation were experienced in the Rocky Mountain and Pacific Northwest regions, with each showing a 0.8 percent decrease.

So basically, in a year with bad snow, far fewer people bothered to make day trips to their local hill. The destination resorts, where the punters usually book in advance, were resilient. No surprises there, then.

Move on.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Numbers were pretty healthy here:
https://www.bigskyresort.com/Media/Press%20Releases/2012/Big_Sky_Resports_Record_11-12_Season.asp
(and yes that is Plake in that photo - sans mohawk)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in JH over xmas - worst snow I've seen there

So - the headline is "Sensible US Skiers who have relatively little vacation choose not to waste it on poor snow".

In other news... Bears defecate surrounded by trees... Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
10 million over 60 million is a 16.6% drop!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you should see what bears drop Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in Keystone and Breck in February, the snow was terrible (infact it was ice not snow). The place was rammed though, with mostly Americans (from who I spoke to anyway). Those people thought we were from Oz, but the jokes on them - we are English. Could this signal the end of the world? rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy