Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who skis in size 17 ski boots? (clue: he's world-famous, but not for skiing)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ian Thorpe, Australia's sensational swimming supremo - winner of 2 golds at the 2004 Athens Olympics and 6 golds at the 2002 Commonwealth Games - has taken up skiing.

His famous and powerful feet require size 17 boots - an extremely rare commodity.

Thorpe, 22, started skiing at St Moritz last winter but his coach is none too impressed. Thorpe said: "You tell your coach that you're going skiing for the weekend and they freak out a little bit. She's just pulling her hair out."

This report from The Daily Telegraph (Australia).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They're not feet - they're flippers. Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No Ski's required!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, you're right!

That's not him, by the way!

Trying to find a photo of no-skis snow-skiing. The freestyler John Eaves used to do it and Dalbello made a ski boot with a smooth sole and turned up toe for 'skiless skiing' - did anyone hereabouts try it?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, never heard of that but certainly saw an Italian ski instructor who had his skis off react very quickly to somebody who had just belted past us into the 'snow wall' at the edge of the piste and had blood streaming down their face. By just flattening his ski boots and facing them downhill, knees together and slighly flexed, he must have lost about 5 meters of height in no time and after gaining the initial speed steered across to the edge gradually losing speed in the traverse. I was certainly impressed by his party trick - pretty controlled although I don't think he felt so clever walking back up the piste rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, Was that picture taken in Whistler last Winter Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CP, snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
agavin, my instructor in Crest Voland used that trick quite a bit. Quite funny to watch, in an impressive sort of way.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was in La Rosiere in March & went to the evening torch light descent & demo by ESF.

Four guys came down the slope in a diamond formation doing short radius turns. To be honest their skiing looked pretty shabby & they weren't that synchronised. When they'd got almost to the bottom of the slope you then realised that they were 'boot skiing'. Damn it was impressive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith, in a break in an off-piste course (rubbish weather day) a couple of years ago the instructor started getting us to do this on a gentle blue, carrying our skis. When my go came it all went fine until I felt in need of a turn, when I made the mistake of thinking I was still on skis, pressured the front of the boot, caught a toe and a-over-t. Unfortunately fell straight onto my arm, and overextended my shoulder. Took about 3 months before I could move it freely again Shocked , and 18 before I got full movement back. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
While carrying your skis? The instructor must be nuts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy