Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Application of swix CH4 for dry slope racing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My kids have recently got into ski racing at the local dry slope, so I'm spending loads of time looking after their kit. I bought a load of CH4 for the weekly waxing, but I seem to be having a devil of a job getting it onto / into the skis. I've got the iron (pukka waxing iron) at c. 150 deg C, so that the wax runs off it and onto the ski base readily, but without any smoke. I run a zig-zag up the ski from tip to tail, but find that the wax dries so hard that I can't run the iron over the wax to spread it. I have to sit the iron onto the base bit by bit to get the stuff spread and by the time I've done that, it seems to flake off too easily. Either that or I keep ironing in until the ski gets much hotter than I think it should be.
Have I got the iron too hot / cold, could I be putting on too much / too little. Has anyone got any tips for the application of this stuff?
Thanks in advance for any other tips on dry slope ski prep, especially time saving ones.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
instead of dripping it on, rub it on directly and then run the iron over it. We use a race wax from the states and it doesnt like melting on, so thats the way we get it into the base. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds about right for CH4 I gave up trying to use it in the end and switched to Datawax Polar X http://www.datawax.com/products/artificial-slopes/polar-x-wax/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Duplicate thread. The other one has more responses (including spyderjon's expert advice).
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2042473&highlight=#2042473
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy