Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Balaclava

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm prone to cold-air induced hacking (not to be confused with proper asthma) and am very keen on gadgets that assist in this respect - for skiing as well as cycling to work in winter! Having read the earlier post about balaclavas, I suddenly recalled a nifty gadget; apparently there's a specially designed balaclava or mask of some sort that "warms" incoming freezing cold air so that when you inhale the air isn't going to strip your nasal passages of moisture.

Anyone come across the brand name?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't remember any brands, however I did/do have a fleece lined neoprene face mask that takes the chill off the air, I prefer my fleece balaclava/neck tube/hat thing though as it's more versatile, no brands on it but very practicle, it would be easy to make one up for a couple of pounds in materials if you are any good with a sewing machine, if you are intrested PM me and I'll pop over to Southampton some time with the balaclava thing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Manda, the brand name from that post was The North Face Heat Exchanger; there were some less up-market brands with identical technology (QX-Tec is the tradename) in hunting shops.

sales pitch disguised as a review

EDIT: if you decide to get this, please post a review.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks comprex (I was being remarkably lazy)....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Picture of Manda later in the season.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
perfect for any outdoor activity that does not require exposure to the cold for prolonged periods of time

Doesn't that count it out for skiing then??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy