Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you repair Gore Tex?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is in the right place but the material around one of the pockets of my ski jacket has ripped around the zip. Actually it seems as though the material is just coming away from the zip rather than a genuine rip (I don't recall ripping it). So can it be repaired (glue or what?) or do I need to buy a new ski jacket for next season wink . Tried to take a couple of pictures. The jacket is a Nike ACG Gore Tex and it's a couple of years old.

[/img]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Theses are supposed to be good http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, indeed they are excellent, and I save a fortune on postage cos I can get there in 10 minutes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also try:

http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/

I've had stuff washed and repaired there with good service.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, call up the lifetime guarantee?

http://www.gore-tex.co.uk/remote/Satellite/content/care/guarantee
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, not really a fabric fault though is it, it's a manufacturing problem if anything.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
seamgrip would probably be the stuff if you want to repair it yourself
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells wrote:
kitenski, not really a fabric fault though is it, it's a manufacturing problem if anything.

correct, but the wording of the guarantee does not say it has to be a fabric fault. My goretex boots split down a seam after 3 years and I got their value back.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand, try the manufacturer.

End of last year I had a (really quite old) triple layer jacket replaced under a lifetime guarantee. The fabric had delaminated.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your first call is the retailer who sold you the jacket. Your contract was with them, and so if the item has not performed as expected then it is the retailer who need to rectify that.

What has the retailer said??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the advice everyone:

RobW, Not contacted the retailer yet (only noticed the damage over the weekend whilst I was away) but as the jacket is over 2 years old I didn't think I'd have any recourse there.

Hells Bells, Yes it looks like it's come away as opposed to a rip.

kitenski, Thanks I'll look in to this plus the other tips.

Cheers again Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a Nike ACG goretex jacket with the same problem on the sleeve pocket.
Tk Maxx job. Seam grip sounds good.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand, this subject has been well and truely done before - good links within the thread - similarly named to yours and mine which is in the specific posting that this link will go to http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86205#1974115
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Confirms my dim view of Nike ACG products. I have one of their Goretex Paclite jackets and the build quality is rubbish. I also have a pair of their mtb shorts, again rubbish quality. So I totally avoid the ACG brand now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy