Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2012/2013 (Update on Lech)

Poster: A snowHead
Markymark29, what dates are you there Mark?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, 18th to 21st, you there then?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi. b]Markymark29[/b], I leave Stuben on the 13TH
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep snowing light to moderate all day, should be a good few cm of powder for those Lucky enough to still be there, managed to ski down from the moose last night without skis....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First three hours of today , were some of the best off piste powder ever for me , got first tracks down three routes in lech this morning that were waist deep top to bottom , heaven Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/g0hEgMrgFTM
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Folks, it currently snowing on the hill Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, do better than that?????

I'm out in Warth from 7th April. and then in Lech/StAnton till 21st........................ Snoweye/Snow-forecast give great details

Quote:
Folks, it currently snowing on the hill
leaves a lot to the imagination!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Folks, the long winter contiunues. It looks like we will get some more snow Monday & Tuesday . Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm hoping to get out to St Anton tomorrow, stanton - where's a good place to go if it's snowing? (Never been and only have 3 days!).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andy from embsay,

Always recommend staying low because viz is limited high up.

Rendl is always top first lift.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy from embsay, north face of Rendl, go up main Rendlbahn then up Gampbergbahn, bear right and onto main face in and around av barriers, just smile all day long!! wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello. We are planning to come out 17th-21st April and staying in Oberlech. We've been to Lech before but never this late. Not concerned about off off piste but are the pistes looking good enough for decent skiing this late? Would like to do the White Ring.
Thanks.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bluebell, That late the lower slopes tend to be sugar-mush all day long! Best skiing wil be found at Zurs, especially Trittkopf, and the Madloch to Zug run no 33 usualy stays fresher longer.

The Weisse Ring should still be do-able, but don't expect best conditions. Having said that, Lech is getting some replenishing snow this coming week.

andy from embsay, you gotta at least try Valluga in a whiteout! Schindlergrat/Schindlerkar is a must with new snow. Otherwise Rendl, or even Stuben frontside should be more than half decent.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andy from embsay, +1 for north face Albona (Stuben), also Mattunjoch from top of Schindler. Couloirs too off Schindler if you feeling on-it! Piste down to Stuben from top of Schindler usually great early run in fresh snow?

Bluebell, it'll be fine, get out early and keep north facing, agree withskimastaaah, Zurs a good bet. Ill be there too looking for fresh lines. Also try the Muggengratbahn early on, first run down to Zurs great.
snow conditions
Thank you for this info. As you mention it should be fine, but I'm going to look at dates to see if I can bring it forward a week or so. Looking forward to coming back though!
snow conditions
Bluebell, don't forget it's the Weisse Rausche on Saturday 20th in S Anton.....you done want to miss seeing this!

Also TBPH a week isn't going to make that much difference, the snow is in great shape high up.......I'm totally sure it'll be a great weekend.
snow report
Didn't know about the race! Thanks again.
ski holidays
Reworked things. All booked going 6th April. Though to ensure ski until mid afternoon on final day we have hired a car from Zurich airport as seemed the best way back for the last flight home.
snow conditions
Bluebell, we are also out that same week, have been for the past 3 years and always had good snow...

Does anyone know if there are historical webcam images from previous years archived anywhere??

Cheers.

Greg
ski holidays
kitenski, No data but I've got a laptop full of happy smiley faces, we always go out late season and its ALWAYS good!

Last season we were there early April, we drove down and when we stopped at the services in Germany everyone was in shorts, it was 10 C and there were bikes and kayaks on all the cars, we were starting to panic. We drove into St Anton, needn't have worried, it never fails us - slopes were empty and skiing was fantastic, 10cm on Kapall, sun shining and skiing in softshell cant beat it!

Trick is to be on that first lift, ski hard until 3pm, refuelling with plenty water and snacks and then late lunch in the sun with a Stiegel at Griabli watching the Snowtones, whilst looking at the mountainscape! It doesn't get better. Toofy Grin

By the way if you are staying in Stuben,...............Willis Pils Stube is now no smoking, and dont forget Murmele, great place!
snow conditions
Markymark29, It's a bit sad but on the webcam there is a bare patch of earth at the bottom just above galzigbahnwhich usually appears mid March, and it's still white at the moment so was trying to get a compare and contrast pic Smile

I've been there the past 3 years in April, even during the poor snow April 2011 we could still ski to the bottom and then it snowed Smile

In fact, looks like the st anton website keeps an archive Smile
latest report
kitenski, Looking at Horizon's photos last week you'll be fine, they were in waist deep pow............Stuben north face will be in great nick I'm sure, as will most things high, north and shaddowy.

The snow on all the Nasserein/ low Galzig meadow slopes is all south facing and gets the sun and melts quick, OK some of the resort runs 3pm onwards can be a tad slushy but all the more reason for staying high, we normally play up and around Schindler, down to Rauz, Stuben/ Albona and Rendl, and deffo round in Zurs for 1-2 days I suggest..... cant go far wrong late season...... such a great time to ski.
snow report
Markymark29, I'm not worried at all about the snow.
ski holidays
hello! new person here. We are back off to St Anton on 7th April after going at the start of the season and loving it Very Happy . I was planning on packing what I took in december, but after seeing markymark29's comments about temperatures was wondering if we'd be too hot! I was wondering if anyone who has been before in April could advise please? Should we pack a softshell/ thin waterproof jacket and thin salopettes, or are we likely to be okay in a normal ski jacket, and lined salopettes if just putting a t-shirt on under the jacket? We could pack another thin jacket easily enough - we are all horse riders so plenty of softshells and raincoats lying about- though if we aren't likely to use it seems pointless to take up the extra weight in limited baggage allowance, but I haven't got any thin salopettes so would have to find some to buy. Puzzled
snow report
blondesonskis, Welcome to SH's......Never can tell really, it is the mountains after all, could snow and be very cold, but could also be pretty warm, typically starts cool and gets warmer mid afternoon. Suggest you just take normal gear and layer up/ down as necessary. I typically ski with a base layer of Icebreaker 180 legs and top, can soon lose these into rucksack. On days where it looks like a scorcher then I ski in a shell, and layer up under - suggest taking one as back up, they squash up small and are light in baggage...........dont need the raincoat though, you dont want to bring that on, especially 2 weeks before I go! Have fun. wink
snow conditions
thanks for the response! Very Happy . Okedoke will not worry about thin salopettes but will pack a soft-shell, no raincoats I promise wink .
snow conditions
Don't forget the bikini .....

http://images04.wetter.at/wet5.jpg/consoleMadonnaNoStretch2/58.386.547
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blondesonskis, in 3 years of skiing St Anton in April the weather has ranged from +20 to -10..............
snow conditions
Haha bikinis in the suitcase. Yowch. Sticking fingers in ears and *la la-ing* Shocked cannot pack to cover that range! Going to be putting my faith in layering!
latest report
blondesonskis,

Pack light, if you do get cold there will be at least 3000 blokes in the Moswerwirt more than happy to keep you warm. snowHead
ski holidays
blondesonskis, I've never had bad snow in the Arlberg second week of Easter, and have skied there the past 6/7 years at this time, plus I was there about a month ago and I've never seen such good snow all over. Lower slopes in all resorts can be poor anytime after noon, but higher runs especially Valluga/Schindler, Albona North Face, and Zurs stay more than half decent. Even had 30cms of fluffy stuff last year, making for great skiing on all upper slopes, and some surprisingly good OP for late season.

This Easter I'm heading to Warth/Schrocken which is to link in with Lech/Zurs next year, snow depths 185cms @ 1400m, 315cms @ 2050m. Warth/Schrocken is in the Vorarlberg, North facing, and a yearly snow fall in excess of 11 metres total!

Conclusion.................. a veritable snow holding region is StA/Lech/Arlberg................. Enjoy your skiing.
snow report
DB, That's exactly why St Anton is dubbed "cock-city"! wink
snow report
Haha I will bear that in mind if we get chilly. Good to know the snow should be good. By the sounds of things its a very err 'reputable' place then wink
snow conditions
Unseasonably cold weather for the Easter weekend. Bring warm clothing for after skiing !
snow conditions
blondesonskis wrote:
Haha I will bear that in mind if we get chilly. Good to know the snow should be good. By the sounds of things its a very err 'reputable' place then wink

Basically the ratio of free women to men is probably around 1:20.
snow report
from http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/st-anton/informationen/5-day-weather-forecast.html

Quote:
Extremely variable weather is forecast for the Easter holidays, the temperatures will be too cold for the season. A low-pressure area over the Mediterranean regions will brush against or regions and bring cold air masses from North Europe. A mix of clouds and short sunny spells are expected. Scattered showers will interfere with the weather, the snow line will oscillate between a level of 1500 meters and the low regions at the base of the valleys. White Easter is forecast!

Doesn't look like warming up much the week after either! I've got 2 days with the kids, 2 days with a guide and 2 more with the kids, should be good whatever the snow gods throw at us!!
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/vBTVCqh5qVc
ski holidays
Folks. Its a fantastic day on the hill.

If your not here you have to ask yourself why? Very Happy

The Freeze leve will remain this week quite low for the time of year (1500-1700M)

From tomorrow most of the tourist trash will be gone and the real ski season can get underway, 3 weeks remaining then the touring season starts.

Its a great time to ski this time of the year.

Many of the mountain bars will pack up shop for the season this week

As far as I know the Mooserwirt will remain open till the finishing line .....................
snow report
counting the days, arrive Sat 6th, looks like another drop in temps as we arrive looking at the GFS charts
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy