Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 12/13 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
swiftoid wrote:
22:40 snowing now in St Jean d'Arves, and not petite neige, GRANDE NEIGE!!

AND STILL SNOWING!

about 45cm outside the apartment. I had to wade in it to get the croissants this morning (good old France, enough snow to swim in and the croissants still arrive). Good job they don't come far as the main road down the valley out of here is blocked until at least tomorrow....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only 18 cms here according to the Les Saisies website but MF are still forecasting 30 cms for today - it's snowing very lightly at the moment. Further south seems to have had more snow. Reported elsewhere that the Col du Lauteret is shut with high avalanche risk.

Rain for many places at the weekend though. Sad Or possibly a nice warm sunny couple of days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
keep dancing Pam....am counting on you snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow starting to push over here, too. Webcams show some snow at Axamer and Kuhtai, all lifts are closed at Stubai due to severity of storm, webcams seem to show a LOT of snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rate we're getting dumped on right now I'm gonna have to start shopping around for a snorkel up here at Cairngorm!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone have line of sight on end of march/early April. Everything I'm seeing so far looks....ummm, damp and warm.

rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skinutter, you mean 12-13 days out? Where are you talking about? What altitude? I don't think there is a clear pattern. Temperature will of course be getting warmer as it is the start of April.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

skinutter, there is so much snow that I don't think you need worry. I know you've done late season holidays before in this area and I'd say it's likely to be about the best you could ever expect. This is the view from my window this morning - I shall have to dig out my path again.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smile had a pre-coffe wobble seeing a long range forecast suggesting 28mar-3april was double digit temps and rain @ 1650m

Appreciate its over the horizon in terms of useful forecasting....nespresso drunk, sanity returning and the pic made me smile!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skinutter,

What site was this on and for what part of the Alps? Too far out to take a call. I was in the 3Vs last week, the weather (temps, precipitation, the whole lot) varied massively depending on what valley we were in. Keep the faith.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It does look as though it's going to get warm for a few days towards the weekend in the northern Alps (don't know about the rest) and any precipitation might well fall as rain in some lower resorts. But the depths of snow can easily withstand some warmer wetter weather. In Les Saisies the snow depth down on the "front de neige" in the village is 2m. That's not about to disappear before the end of the season. Regardless of the depth of snow the top few inches - the bit we ski on - will be springlike, with longer days and warmer temperatures. But this is turning out to be an epic season in many parts of the Alps; absolutely no need to fret!

Indeed, people who have booked late holidays should be feeling rather smug. snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, I've got two ski holidays to go this season. The overwhelming feeling as they approach is more of relief than smugness.

I still have not forgotten two years ago. Although to be fair VT kept all open until the end, the pistes were just a bit thin and brown. Actually they were more of a dark brown, yuk.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
for the UK Liam Dutton from C4 just said (for the UK)

Quote:
Looks like there's a change of plan next week. The cold air wins and holds spring off probably until at least the end of the month...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some cold temperatures about in the Alps over the next couple of days. Temperatures look likely to rise over the weekend. However, a cold plunge looks likely early next week.

Could be 20-30cms of snow in places Sunday and Monday.

Looks like temperatures will return to seasonal average or above for the end of the month, though that's still a fair way off. ECM currently looks cooler than GFS for that period.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here I am in les gets and I am experiencing a huge snow dump. Arrived on Sunday and woke Monday to about a foot of fresh, a great day for boarding. Bumped into kids on their ski lesson which was great.
Second day we were in the bowl and got a call to say my 9 year old son had taken a tumble hurt his knee and had been taken in the blood wagon to the medical centre. Turned out to be a small sprain but they strapped him and said no more skiing this week.
Huge change of plan, I went out this am but just felt awful for him so had to come back and now we are going sledging instead. He doesn't seem too bothered by it all and quite enjoyed the blood wagon ride but it has taken the shine of the holiday for sure. Have booked both kids into the snowclub for the afternoons so they will still go out and explore
Sun should be out tomorrow so could be some awesome powder days if I can stop feeling guilty long enough to enjoy it.
snow report
Is it me or does the FL for the Western Alps looks a tad on the high side on nozas chart?
snow conditions
franga...thats pretty much in all the forecasts now, for a warming up......
latest report
Slightly above average period for the next four days from tomorrow, followed by what looks like a slightly cooler than average period for the four days after that leading up to Easter.
latest report
And now the unexpected dilemma of whether I should have hired chains for the hire car for our Easter trip.

The usual Easter sweatfest is unlikely this year.
snow conditions
Wow, 40cms of snow in England over high ground will be plenty Shocked

May affect a few travel plans this weekend.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=yh&from=rss&sn=DC993385-BF54-583B-256B-827C84AD4D74_5_YH
ski holidays
Overnight tonight and tomorrow morning the snow moves south. Hi chance of travel and possibly flight disruption midlands south I would have thought.
snow report
Quote:

Slightly above average period for the next four days from tomorrow

Extraordinary change from yesterday when we went inside for a mid-morning break. Today it was too hot to sit in the sun even stripped down to a very thin T shirt. Shocked Clouding over now though.
snow conditions
Easter is beginning to look pretty wet - even in higher places like Avoriaz. The Atlantic marching in to welcome the holidaymakers? Sad
snow report
Bu++er rolling eyes
snow conditions
skinutter, I'm hoping that if I write enough emphatic comments about how much rain there is going to be, one of the experts will come along and tell me something like "the blocking high pressure will keep the Atlantic at bay". wink

Meanwhile, am doing my equivalent of a snow dance, which is leaving the car out of the garage. If I have to dig it out of the snow..... Little Angel
snow report
Hmm. I have just walked down to the lift pass office, where my friend Christelle is on duty today, to get a family lift pass for friends arriving late next Saturday. They are not married and Brits can't produce a "livret de famille" so she suggested I bought it when she was on duty. So I went down, through the thick murk and mild sleet but she pulled that French face and suggested sorrowfully that I wait a few days to see what the météo was doing. Sad That didn't fill me with joy.

There is still plenty of snow, but its condition won't be tip top in continuous rain. And who wants to ski in rain and poor vis?

I'm clinging to the fact that chamonix meteo says forecast reliability is poor after tomorrow!
snow report
Quote:

Easter is beginning to look pretty wet

Having scrapped Easter plans for snowsure Espace Killy in favour of treelined Paradiski on account of the great conditions I'm getting a bit nervous too...
snow conditions
Easter Friday looks tricky. High winds and snow line around 1800m. Still should put 20-30cms fresh snow at altitude in the western Alps. Looks slightly cooler than average for the next few days.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Pam...it will be what it is, i'll be happy to be away from work with the family and thankfully off for two weeks so hopefully some dry, snowy and/or sunny days mixed in.
snow report
That's what we are hoping Skinutter, we are off to Les Gets for two weeks...fingers crossed for some good days!
ski holidays
i guess we've always had some rain in April (and some snow) so looking on the bright side for now snowHead
snow report
We've got a rare 3-day run of childcare booked for mardi mercredi jeudi this week. So I can personally guarantee appalling weather on those dates.
snow report
Mr Pieholeo, mardi and mercredi don't look too bad. But jeudi could be bleudi.
ski holidays
Thankfully colder in the arctic circle - phew snowHead
snow conditions
pam w, Yup the end of this week looks pretty wet and windy. Snowline around 1600m-1800m. Could be heavy snow at altitude. 50cm+ in the west between Thursday and Saturday.
snow report
nozawaonsen, any thoughts about next week? The Met Office pressure forecast seems to see the deep depression filling.
ski holidays
Hmm, been watching the 2nd week of April for the Arlberg, GFS seems to keep hinting at a cool down with some runs, then flips back to above average temps. Seems to be very unsettled in the coming weeks from my view.

What is the ECM saying??
snow report
i m out to Tarentaise from 07/04.........whats the longer term forecast looking like for then Noza please...

KR
latest report
Here the GFS goes off again with a teaser for 2nd week of April....

snow report
The best thing which can be said about the outlook at present is that it's very uncertain...... which is better than certainly horrible!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy