Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski fitness trainer

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried both, or have any thoughts, currently the PRO ski simulator is about half the price of the skiers edge.

Any thoughts on the merits of this type of machine?

http://www.ski-webshop.co.uk/home/product_info.php?products_id=578

v's

http://www.skiersedge.co.uk/

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 26-05-12 20:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevindonkleywood, look identical to me eh! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevindonkleywood, Second one looks faster wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got one.
Very good machine, very similar indeed to Skier's Edge in terms of use, though the Skier's Edge Big Mountain, with all the added bits, is better.
Much cheaper and a very simple sysytem of heavy duty elasticated belts which give a very smooth resistance all the way through the motion and which can be adjusted easily to make very easy to very tough.

Having tried both (but only owned Pro Ski) I'd say that Skers Edge only wins on functionality if you go for their most expensive version, but that would cost a LOT more, and frankly the Pro Ski does the dry-land job perfectly well.

You can spend a lot extra and get a tilted, swiveling, platform for the Pro Ski which puts you on an incline and swivels to replicate under foot angle changes. I think that in reality that is only used by proper race teams....I looked into it and !) it is big and 2) it is £££
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevindonkleywood, what are you trying to acheive with this?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, Really just trying to get some excercise that also builds a fairly realistic movement pattern into the mix.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do wonder how the Pro ski simulator people get away with that as it does look like a blatant knock off of the Skier's Edge machines
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood, I would go to a plastic or indoor slope at least once a week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cynic, Smile I do 8-10 session on plastic a month both teaching and 'playing' but looking at prices the SE with all the higher spec = about 3 weeks of real skiing and I suspect that 3 weeks of real skiing may be better for me Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevindonkleywood, I totally agree and it might help get you the other half of your 2, either I've missed something or we are in agreement. Your question was obviously are there any merits for these machines? To you probably no, just stop playing Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gosh....just opened the link and seen the price! £749 !

Mine was brand new (still in boxes and wrapping) and I paid a lot less than that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or for £9.99 you could try this!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Okanagan wrote:
Lol! Wonder if he has a patent on it! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I never do any ski specific exercise, just do a wide range of sports from playing football, table tennis, running, zumba on a regular basis
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We had one of these as part of the gym when racing, it was the only part of the gym that was never used.

Cycling will get you further fitness wise and variation is super important. Cycle, run, swim, row etc if your really looking to improve ski fitness.
ski holidays
Okanagan wrote:

Brilliant - I wonder if he'd send me the plans?
ski holidays
I'm doing cycling for general fitness, and popping over to the fridge a couple of times a month to keep the muscle memory
latest report
I agree with JJC, cycling is really good for ski fitness! Make sure you are still pushing yourself, a leisurly ride in the park won't do much. If you want to build the power, try some squats, lunges and deadlift type excercises.
If you want to work on speed and agility which would help in moguls.. try jumping over a rope, side to side or back and forth. Time yourself see how many you can do in a minute...then next time, beat it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy