Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody booked up for next year...

Poster: A snowHead
Zermatt for Christmas
Finland Feb
Alpe d'Huez Easter

Really fed up that I can't get away May bank hol next weekend but had lots of bills lately (including VdI at Easter) and just can't justify the spend so 8 months before I get on the slopes again Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will be in Tignes for 4 weeks from 2nd week of Jan 2012. Accommodation all booked, dogs' passports in process Shocked . Will probably do a boys' weekend at some point as well, plus some Austrian touring late season. Long, dark summer ahead Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zammo wrote:
Will be in Tignes for 4 weeks from 2nd week of Jan 2012. Accommodation all booked, dogs' passports in process Shocked . Will probably do a boys' weekend at some point as well, plus some Austrian touring late season. Long, dark summer ahead Sad

Oh bug, you missed it...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
harrim51, doh! 2013, obv.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
les duex alpes 2 feb hopefuly taking lessons with easiski. Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kitzbuhel booked over New Year. Alas, used my whole year of passes from missus Dougie but gonna be worth it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booked Meribel for Feb half term with Esprit about a month ago. Many of their rooms were already booked!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have already had 4 weeks confirmed booking at our apartment in Val Thorens. Maybe the magical season we have just had has enthused people.

Although, we were fully booked up by December for the whole season last year.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm determined to make it further afield than the French Alps next season, ideally Canada or the US, but if not that far then at least Austria or Italy... suspect I will end up in Chamonix for a week at some point though!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
les duex aleasiskipes feb lessons for me and the wife with easiski. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Already booked for Austria in Feb., looking to see if another is possible over Christmas (or Easter - can you bring kids on EOSB?).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Ski season is far too far in the future
Shocked Oh no it isn't!! It's in the present....it's NOW!

Back from Solden on Tuesday, off to Cairngorm ski touring tonight and then it's Tignes on Thursday. Conditions at open ski areas are epic Very Happy

Too right, crazy good at Cairngorm and the off-piste is awesome, sun and blue skies at present (was like that when the south was being battered by rain and winds at the weekend lol) with a cool down and new snow forecast from Friday - this season sure aint done yet! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
morzine end of dec
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I am trying to. I got permission to take Ellie out of school just before the Christmas break or the first week back after, only to find out all the places I wanted (based on their cheapest options) to stay at with Esprit were fully booked. So yesterday I found another option for the last week of the season that was available and affordable, finally got an answer out of the school on the second hassle that yes that would be OK as well this lunchtime, phoned up to book it. Now there are no seats left on the flight out. Arrrgggg! Do you think somebody is trying to tell me something?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
im planning to go to courchevel in jan. but ive not managed to find the flights yet... maybe a bit too early ?
ski holidays
Wouldn't have thought so. Certainly Flybe has flights to Chambery from Southampton listed until March 30. Though it appears too early for the 14 April dates I am looking at.
snow report
I have tried to book my flights to Calgary but Canadian affair have dropped their Manchester flights to western Canada this winter!! So that means I have to find another route they said I would have to fly to Gatwick (hahahaha!!!) So I looked for flights from "up north" to further south ..... Leeds to Gatwick for 5 of us £ 6400 ish and that mean leaving the night before and spending the night on the airport floor and we could not arrive in Gatwick before the check-in closed. Still looking !!
snow report
I'm going to Les Deux Alpes in January but thinking about going away in March too - maybe Bardonecchia or Bansko.
latest report
joneski,
Quote:

Canadian affair have dropped their Manchester flights to western Canada

We had the same problem. It is the AirTransat flight from Manchester to Calgary which is cancelled.
We had booked with Inghams for a 13 night trip to Banff. We have now had to change to a 14 night trip from Heathrow for the same price.
We are taking a taxi from Wakefield which does add to the cost but frankly its worth it to go to Canada and none of us wanted to consider cancellation to travel elsewhere.
snow conditions
Yes - we are now booked. We are going to St ANton, with Esprit next April. Woohoo.
ski holidays
St Gervais on the 6th January. First time there and all the reports I've seen looks good.

Only 244 days, or 5872 hours, or 352412 minutes, or 21144720 seconds to go! (As i type!)

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Where can I book this early? everywhere I've found aren't taking booking yet!
ski holidays
We've booked a chalet direct with the owner and booked BA flights from Heathrow.

I'm sure the main travel agents will be booking now. (?)
latest report
I'm planning on booking through Wastelandski.com again, much cheaper than standard TOs from what I saw when booking for Easter,

Any advise on cheapest way to travel? how much does the snow train cost approx? we paid £140 each for flights and £50 each for transfers to the resort this year, more than we spent for a week lift pass+accom+ski hire
snow report
Booked to go to Arabba for Christmas a couple of weeks back Happy

Will then try and get away at Easter too, but that'll be a last minute-ish job.
ski holidays
Borovets 02 March but looking to try and do a cheap trip to France just before Christmas
latest report
Iaink: cheapest way to travel is probably a flight as part of a package deal through a tour operator, but in my opinion it's also the least pleasant. Train is probably a little more expensive, but a lot more comfortable, has a much shorter transfer, doesn't involve getting up at 3am to make it to the airport etc. See http://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/ for details of all the rail options
snow conditions
Mayrhofen for NY with family

Mayrhofen for 4 nights on Jan 19 with the boys.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kieranm, cheers for the link, I think the French trains can only be booked 4 months in advance, but with prices like that I think we may be able to affod to go to somewhere like Val Thoren Smile
latest report
Iaink: the direct-to-the-tarentaise-from-London Eurostar service is normally bookable from roughly the end of July for the whole of the following season. Normal Eurostar to Paris is bookable 4 months in advance. Other french trains are in theory bookable 3 months in advance, but are often released later than that when they're working out when to timetable engineering works.
ski holidays
Piesey-Vallandry for Feb half term.

Already excited...

chemistry
snow report
Arabba!
snow conditions
maggi, Very Happy
latest report
Booked Folgarida, hotel Kapriol. Going out Easter weekend - can't wait!
latest report
chemistry, great news - are you going with a tour operater or DIY ?
snow conditions
Its too early to think about next year...while this year is still in full swing http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3029 Cool
snow report
Kay wrote:
chemistry, great news - are you going with a tour operater or DIY ?

Club Med again. I know that's lazy, but we all had such a blast last time that we figured "Why not?"!

chemisty
ski holidays
Just waiting for confirmation for 5 months sabbatical leave.. I need to do a season!! Very Happy Hope I can find some work wherever I go to tide me over too.

Wish me luck!
snow report
Waiting to see how SWMBO's ankle will be, and for flights to be available - all things being good will probably head back to Utah again for about 17 days in Feb. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Nowhere yet. Waiting to see what the kid's new school thinks about taking out of school for a week (church school, so probably not good, can't miss out on morality lessons..)...like Chemistry, thinking about the fat-boy, all-in experience again. Probably somewhere different from LDA. Hoping that the snow is as good as this year.

Can't wait, though. Am missing it already. Must stop looking at webcams and resort websites that say "Season over. Next update in June for summer skiing".
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy