Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half Term Bonus :-)

Poster: A snowHead
Due to a change of arrangements I've only just started to look at next February half term. Found that flight/holiday costs for 16 - 23 Feb have gone through the roof. Just realised though that Peterborough is actually the week before Embarassed Loads of reasonable flights, etc available, it will save me a fortune and it's before the french holidays Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

it will save me a fortune and it's before the french holidays

yes - that's a great week to have. Just be sure to choose a resort which won't have loads of other Brit half termers and you should get really cheap accommodation, too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin -You are so lucky I live and teach - where Peterborough meets Lincolnshire. You made me panic as I have bought my flights already- but I think Lincolnshire is the week after. Really annoying as I have to go in half term. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kay, Yes it is I believe otherwise we may have gone with some friends from Bourne.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did check before I booked the flights when Easyjet released them but I always worry about something- I agree about flight prices going through the roof my flight to Luton/Geneva was £170 now they are £354. Now I have to worry about queues.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Although that week is Carnival/Fasching. Just looked at Ischgl and that is the most expensive week of the season along with New Year, etc. Much as I fancy Italy or Austria as a change I just might take advantage of it being quieter in France.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kay, Kay, Colin B, Colin B, BA have flights LHR/GVA for those days inc 2 cabin bags and a 23Kg hold bag at less than £180 return. Why would you want the Easyjet ordeal?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
About the 20th. March some very, very, nice person on this forum posted the information that easyjet were starting to load the schedule for next winter on their website. I got 3 return flights for 9/2/13 to 16/2/13, Liverpool to Grenoble, for £200 total, they are now £180 each which, like Jivebaby says, is not cheap at all.Sad
I cannot remember who made that post, but thanks very much if you are reading this. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jivebaby, Why would I want the Heathrow ordeal wink Will probably fly Luton to Grenoble.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Kay, Kay, Colin B, Colin B, BA have flights LHR/GVA for those days inc 2 cabin bags and a 23Kg hold bag at less than £180 return. Why would you want the Easyjet ordeal?

I love flying BA and always check that first (Ba baggage allowance is great - Easy Jet have now started charging £18 as case.) Are you sure you are correct for flights 16th Feb - 23rd Feb 2013 when I looked tonight for my friends who are hoping to join us the cheapest BA flight from Heathrow to Geneva was £286 return and the flight times were not good.
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kay, I think that was for 9th - 16th!

I've also not yet forgiven BA for trying to bump my daughter and me off our flight at half term 2009 Twisted Evil We only got our seats (that I'd paid for 11 months before) just before it left. Not flown with them since.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry my mistake
OMG how terrible - I would not want to fly with them again if that happened to me - We don't touch Ryanair - for many reasons. I agree Luton or Stanstead better for us. Good Luck with finding a great place for your quiet half term ski holiday.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kay, Decided on Alpe D'Huez, we haven't been there since 2008 and fancy revisiting. Just booked the flights for £260 (+ £50 in Nectar points) for the 2 of us inc bags and skis. Looking at paying about £400 for an apartment, there are plenty at about that price! With transfer that will be well under £400 each for a SC week at half term Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fantastic - Have heard great reviews on the place- Good price for appartment- I presume you are doing this all DIY (like us) We are looking to go to Grand Massif - haven't done that yet - staying at Morillon 1100 as we fancy a ski in/out job and not hiring a car this time (it stood outside the apartment all last holiday)as resort near to Geneva. Hope all goes well with final bookings. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kay, Yes DIY. I did look at resorts near Geneva but decided on relative familiarity.
snow conditions
In the end I've got a 23 sq m apartment with a separate bedroom for 380 euros from a Belgian guy who I rented from last time, plenty big enough for 2. Some British owners are charging the same as the main half term week.
latest report
Cambridgeshire and Northants have the earlier week off, so we've just booked a nice apartment in Arc 1950 £900 cheaper than the following week and I think the main french hols might be later as well. Just waiting for the tunnel prices to come up now so we can get our tesco vouchers for that. We've driven to Austria before but not France recently - are the auto-toll card things that you can buy in the Internet (Sanev is it?) worth getting ? I've seen comments about them on here before.
ski holidays
mikeh, we've never bothered getting one. As long as you have someone handy to pop a credit card in the slot from the passenger side, it's very quick and easy. You are also going to be missing the very busy bit that week Going green
snow report
Colin B, we might be taking advantage of this 'quiet' half term week; looking at moving son to a new school where the half term is the week earlier snowHead
latest report
sarah, That's a bit drastic wink
snow conditions
Colin B, Laughing Laughing Laughing I know! And their Easter is earlier and there's a bit extra at Christmas too wink
snow conditions
sarah wrote:
Colin B, Laughing Laughing Laughing I know! And their Easter is earlier and there's a bit extra at Christmas too wink

Any more places available at this dream school? Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy