Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere with Esprit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I phoned up Esprit (several times) trying to get prices and availability for some of the cheaper Esprit options for going next season either the week beginning 16th Dec (preferred week by school) or the week beginning 6th Jan. To be told that a lot of my first choice places (e.g. Le Ducs Savoie, Chalet Mariandre and Wiesenheim) weren't available for 4 people and were all booked out.

So I trawl again and come up with a cheap(ish) option which is Chalet Arnica which forms part of Ferme d'Elisa Chalets. The capacity on each of these are very small individually but each are showing up the Snow clubs as in-Chalet. So I was wondering if they are small chalets which are part of a big one in some way which has a shared snow club etc? When we went with Esprit previously we stayed in Crystal 2000 and there were a large number of other children there, which suited my daughter down to the ground. Is this how it works?

Also previously in Crystal 2000 there was a baby listening service which meant that somebody was on the floor, who kept an eye on your kids and ensured that nobody got upto the rooms who shouldn't. This isn't on offer in this chalet, can anybody comment on how easy it is to hear your child while you are dining in case they wake up (I am looking at Suite 1) and see your child if they come out of the room?

Any personal experience on these accomodation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is where we stayed some years ago. It was brilliant and the nursery/snow club is underneath the chalet and the ski slope for tots is right outside. The chalet is subdivided into smaller apartments, each one is self contained.
It's not easy to hear your child as you will be making too much noise enjoying your dinner & company. If your kids are too little to come to the dining room to find you, take a baby monitor. If they are skiing they will be so tired they won't wake up.
Esprit staff are really helpful on then phone and they all know the chalets so give them a call.
I am nothing to do with Esprit - just a satisfied customer
PS La Ros is ace for kids.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

We are booked in La Rosiere with Esprit at Chalet Charlotte , but in late January. They seem to refer to each floor of the buildings as being individual chalets on a lot of the properties.
We stayed in Plan Peisey with Esprit this year with 2 small children. Esprit seem to have their chalets grouped together, and I recall in the brochure they refer to chalets in La Rosier as being in the "Esprit Enclave". In Peisey there were about 30 kids in the group of Chalets which was ideal for our 6 year old. Our senior child carer was on secondment from La rosiere for the week and told us that there were about 56 children in their care at the time in La rosiere, which was the week before the school holidays, so likely to be busier in peak season.

One of our chalet hosts recomended La rosiere as being the best resort for families with children, which is why we chose there for next year.
They only offered baby listening on the chalet hosts night off in the chalets or each night in the chalet hotels.
We didnt have a baby monitor and it was easy to see the main entrance into the chalet from the dining room so no one could get past and into the rooms unchecked.
All the other families had monitors that worked fine, one even had a video monitor which worked well also.
Im not sure if any of this helps.
I did a tripadvisor review to asist anyone else frustrating over how childcare with esprit works.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g616139-d1769271-r124651768-Chalet_Castor-Plan_Peisey_Peisey_Vallandry_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. So are the evening meals and breakfasts done with all the linked chalets all together?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ wrote:
Thanks both. So are the evening meals and breakfasts done with all the linked chalets all together?

No each chalet has a separate host / cook & dining area; in the Ferme d'Elisa (sp) chalet the lower ones are used for kids lunches
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info all, it is really appreciated
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickyJ, in addition to the above info, all of which is spot on, the location on the Western fringes of La Ros is really pleasant. It's almost ski in-out with a green run dropping down to a drag lift about 60m from the front door. I recall the chalets being built about 8-9 years ago, so they're very modern and, if my experience of Esprit is unaltered, will be in good condition.

I'm sure you will, but do book somewhere to eat out early on the chalet staff night off - La Ros isn't huge and the restaurants get chocka on that night, especially at peak times.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur wrote:
I'm sure you will, but do book somewhere to eat out early on the chalet staff night off - La Ros isn't huge and the restaurants get chocka on that night, especially at peak times.

There are quite a few restaurants that they don't recommend that I found quite good and quiet - but both visits were in January
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

do book somewhere to eat out early on the chalet staff night off - La Ros isn't huge and the restaurants get chocka on that night, especially at peak times.

I recall that the staff let us cater for the kids in the chalet and supplied a babysitter. But yes, do book. The staff will do it for you if you can't or won't.
Each chalet is separately catered, but the kids go to Snow Club all together downstairs and have their lunch there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowyowl wrote:
Quote:

do book somewhere to eat out early on the chalet staff night off - La Ros isn't huge and the restaurants get chocka on that night, especially at peak times.

I recall that the staff let us cater for the kids in the chalet and supplied a babysitter. But yes, do book. The staff will do it for you if you can't or won't.
Each chalet is separately catered, but the kids go to Snow Club all together downstairs and have their lunch there.

In fact, one year we were allowed to cook dinner at the chalet on the staff night off. Hired a couple of fondus from a local deli, bought all the ingredients then 2 of us cooked up a 3-course meal....drank their wine, of course... Toofy Grin

As long as we didn't use their cooking ingredients, washed up thoroughly and replaced anything that might have been damaged (nothing was) the chalet hosts were pretty relaxed about it all to be honest.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
is Chalet Oliver with Ski Olympic not suitable - I know you have to use the bus to ski or have a walk but I went with my 12 year old daughter in March and had a simply superb holiday
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have just taken a look and am I missing something? I can see no indication that they run snow clubs and take children to ski lessons etc, in fact they don't look especially geared up for young families?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NickyJ wrote:
I have just taken a look and am I missing something? I can see no indication that they run snow clubs and take children to ski lessons etc, in fact they don't look especially geared up for young families?

They don't. I have been on Ski Olympic holidays where kids were there but apart from an earlier evening meal they don't offer the same service package as Esprit but for adults they are IMHO better.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry that was because I didnt know it was a young child - for a twelve year old Chalet Oliver was good
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No problem I have 2 girls who are 2 and 5 (though they will be 3 and 6) next season, at the moment, hence I am so keen on using Esprit again. There setup suited us down to the ground.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy