Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort closing dates

Poster: A snowHead
It seems to be remarkably difficult to find out when resorts are planning to close, can anyone point me in the direction of a useful site or is it simply the hit or miss process of hunting about in the site of individual resorts?

Is anyone reading this in a position to send some constructive criticism to the ski industry on this one?

Simon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, its very difficult to check a few websites...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kioksor wrote:

Even for the same resort! Best indicator seems to be on-line ticket sales, if they not selling tickets they are not open...perhaps!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a site for L2A, www.2alpesnet.com, always find these very informative as they have in-resort reporters giving updates on conditions, etc. They give details of the resort opening and closing date, lift status, etc. If you look at the bottom of the page the same "company" has sites for a variety of other different resorts that I guess will have the same level of info on.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try http://www.bergfex.com/ - they'll give season range - not sure how official it is, or when then they'll update for next season.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Yep, like Obertsdorf. The website does its best to tell you that the Tri Area Pass is available only until 15th April - but it turns out (after much searching) that one of the areas (Nebelhorn) is open into May....

It was Bergfex.com that alerted me to that - but by then it was too late. Digs already booked for tonight onwards in Imst, Ischgl and Soelden.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, 2alpesnet caused google chrome to give the all too familiar apology that it had to close, I will try again next time I go online. Finding out all the alternatives then choosing the best clearly isnt going to be straightforward, it will be the traditional IF(Zermatt is still open AND weather better than in Les Arcs OR all snow art sites here tracked) THEN GOTO Zermatt ELSE stay here and do more snow art

Simon
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Berfefex warns you about events, like that, my day at Saas Fee was ruined because of an event!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
QUOTE Yes, its very difficult to check a few websites...

Sounds sarcastic but the stupid thing is the enormous grain of truth in it! People have allowed the internet to become so cluttered, I bet there are a lot of people who just look at a few favorite sites they know their way round and ignore the rest of it. There are far too many smartasses aged u30 who think everyone should have all the latest equipment and anyone who hasnt is some irrelevant old fart who listens to the rolling stones using a device called a gramophone that plays vinyl at 78 rpm......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd agree with the sentiment re: smartarse comment.

I'm trying to find out if Meribel really does close this coming Friday due to the recent good conditions. But can't find anything that has been updated recently.

Anybody with any idea if Meribel will shut down on the 27th?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shoosk, www.meribel.net - the front page on the official site shows the dates (shuts on 27th) but more importantly has links to webcams which may help you make a decision!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So do we think it will close even if the majority of the runs are skiiable?

I don't want to call it quits on my plans for a last gasp visit to find they extend the open dates...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoosk, Head to VT instead, lifts will be running up there!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoosk wrote:
So do we think it will close even if the majority of the runs are skiiable?

I don't want to call it quits on my plans for a last gasp visit to find they extend the open dates...

Yes, it's lack of skiers not lack of snow that will mean they shut as planned.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shoosk, Certainly in France it is difficult to extend dates beyond original plans due contracts and seasonal nature of work, i.e. all the workers are heading south to be rude to the English in sunnier climes.
snow report
For Switzerland use the MySwitzerland site:

http://snow.myswitzerland.com/snow_reports?lang=en#

You need to click on the button "Slopes ski alpin/snowboard" twice to get the open and close dates. Then you can sort by latest closing date.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy