Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpes Maritime Resorts - Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm playing with the idea of heading there, probably Aurun, at half term next February. Whilst our holiday only co-incides with 1 region of France it includes most of the southern cities, Nice, Marselle, etc. which worries me a little. Any experience of how busy it get down there at peak times?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B,
None whatsoever so my post may not be very helpful but as noo one else has replied.
I have been to Serre Che once at Southern city feb holiday break and it does get very busy but not completely unbearable in good snow, personally I now go elsewhere though. Friends who live close to the pyrenees and enjoy skiing there do not in the local holiday breaks as they do find it pretty unbearable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, if you can't get other info you could try a private message to agenterre, who lives down there and knows those resorts.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. Yes I'll probably try him.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, I would guess that the Marseille crowd would go further west than Auron as there is an autoroute nearly all the way to Gap.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The resort is small and from my 3 times skiing in Isola but with side trips over it is much quieter than Isola, but much nicer in atmosphere and scenery. People in Nice and the area consider Auron much nicer than Isola, but mainly go for a day trip, for a week they're going to go up to Courchevel or somewhere like it. Hope this helps.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs wrote:
Colin B, I would guess that the Marseille crowd would go further west than Auron as there is an autoroute nearly all the way to Gap.

and a direct train to Briancon IIRC
never seen more snowblades on one place than Marseille station just before the Briancon train left Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all very helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy