Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland's finally done - unless you hike!

Poster: A snowHead
Going to blatantly spam this in the main forum for those visitors who've long since stopped visiting the Scotland thread in the snow reports forum after the arrival of Summer last month...

Video from CairnGorm Mountain on Monday:

http://youtube.com/v/ZXX1soMLG-8

Pix from Monday:

^Skier tracked / packed powder on the Ptarmigan Ridge and upper most reaches of the East Wall.

^Beautiful day on the 'Gorm - looking up the Ciste T-bar. Top of the mountain pretty much ride anywhere.

^The Coronation Wall - Steep and deep (away from the rocks)...

Full Report & Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=783

More in the Public Reports at:
http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?21,2012-04-16

CairnGorm Mountain is open daily and last nights storm left drifts as high as 10feet in the lee of the snow fences on the M1 RaceTrack, these have been bashed out this afternoon and should be fantastic machine packed powder corduroy in the morning.

GLENCOE:

Glencoe is preparing to open at the weekend, weather and snow permitting. If you would like to ski Thursday or Friday please let Glencoe know there is demand, see: http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,146913

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 28-05-12 20:46; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's snow on the ground and blue in the sky.. it's a scam.. a scam I tell you Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only thing getting in the way is work... Dam work.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only thing getting in the way is the EOSB Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not been there for years -- when did they get rid of the T-Bars ??!! Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
HOLY SH*T

I am going up, no two ways about it!! I honestly didn't realise it was still open.......looks amazing!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glencoe is opening at 9.30am on Thursday! snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I really thought it was over for this season. Just goes to show, you never can tell. If i was 400 miles nearer I'd give it a go.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gutted that i was up there last week, and nothing was open!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A few photos from the last couple of days, snow showers continuing tonight and Friday ahead of the weekend. Make your plans to get out and play and take advantage. Spread the word too, even amongst skiers plenty seem unaware winter has returned to the mountains! Shocked

Quiet slopes and no queues! snowHead

^White Lady on Thursday, fantastic cover top half - narrows a bit lower down, care required approaching M1 Poma under the Funicular , but improving with heavy snow showers.

^Looking down the Traverse on Wednesday.

^Top Basin on Wednesday as a snow shower moves in.

More: http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's been around a foot of fresh on the upper mountain at CairnGorm Mountain since the weekend, it's belting down at present looking at the radar (and from the cold rain bouncing of the window here in Inverness at sea level) and there is plenty more to come with the MWIS forecast saying 'incessant snow' for the mountains of the East Highlands for Thursday, more snow showers on Friday.

The Top Basin in the best shape this season now with ride anywhere cover above about 3000ft and there was significant improvement in the lower 200ft of the mid-mountain during today and by close of play it was possible to ski the White Lady into the mid station platform for the funicular - having been almost no snow on the bottom of the Lady 2 days ago. Stormy Thursday set to give way to lighter winds and still snowy weather on Friday, before high pressure builds in for the weekend.

Get up and get some while you can. A week of snow, one great weekend to play in it! snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nevis Range looking to re-open Saturday. Quad Chair for Access, Goose T-bar (from Tower 4 or 5) and Summit Tow planned, but check the latest on the official reports.

The World Cup downhill track and Nevis Red Route will be open at the weekend with the Gondola available for bike uplift. Bike hire is available on site this weekend, but no ski hire.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Winterhighland, How is Cairngorm looking for the weekend What will be open etc?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went up Last Saturday and loads of snow up top and well worth the £15 ticket, anyone who can should get their bahookees up there, skiing in powder in Scotland on the 26th of APRIL?? Get in! Razz
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A few days ago the Top Basin was already in the best shape of the season and it's been snowing steadily for a couple of days since, the mid mountain which was already good higher up has improved markedly lower down and the cover from mid-station up is probably in as good a shape as it's been since mid December, if not all season and it was pretty much ride anywhere above 3100ft when I was last up on Monday. The wind will have moved snow around higher up, much lighter winds should allow the top to be bashed out on Friday, with a further top up of snow falling straight down on top.

With the 105 and Zig Zags improving steadily this will take some pressure off the Top Basin for the weekend, there was no queue for the M1 Poma last weekend. Up top Ciste, Ptarmigan Tow and Polar Express, mid mountain the M1 Poma and Funicular, hopefully Coire Cas T-bar too. Get up and enjoy it will you can, forecast looks very good for the weekend.
latest report
Ah gutted I'm off to Spain (in the rain!) would love another cheaky Scottish weekend
snow conditions
Just to quote Winterhighland's rather excellent website today:

Quote:
18+ inches of fresh on CairnGorm: It's time to play...

This Report for the Scottish Highlands was issued at
20.24hrs Thursday 26th April 2012.
Did you hear the one about when it snowed all week, then the Sun came out for the weekend? No joke, that's exactly the situation on CairnGorm Mountain, with 18+ inches of fresh in the past 2 days and still another 4-6inches forecast for Friday.

Still snowing heavily today but sunny tomorrow, should be epic snowHead

Dunno why I'm ramping this tho, quieter the better as far as I'm concerned lol Laughing
snow conditions
i am almost tempted to book myself on the sleeper tonight!
snow report
Arno wrote:
i am almost tempted to book myself on the sleeper tonight!

Been thinking about this too but might have blown the budget on Coreupts. I could be up for a shared driving mission if we could get 3 together.
snow conditions
fatbob, sadly i have other s41t on this weekend so it's a bit academic
snow report
Arno, Yep so have I but was thinking about "forgiveness is easier than permission".
ski holidays

^The M1 Poma doing its thing as the snow continues to belt down on Friday afternoon. The snow fences either side of the uptrack are between 4 and 5ft high! Toofy Grin
snow report
A short sequence of video clips that give an idea of the snow fall on Friday, 3 hours later than it should have been because my mac had a mega wobbly.

http://youtube.com/v/BDI7ZzcsUi8

The snow was there on Friday, now add some Sun for the weekend. snowHead
snow report
^ Name of tune in viddy?
ski holidays
Kyria - Snow on the Sahara.
ski holidays
Quote:
Calling all skiers & boarders... Scotland's not done yet!
"Who do you think you are kidding Mr Summer....if you think old Scotland's done!"

Packed and ready to go! Football this pm, curry and a couple of Cobras en route tonight (Kinross, Perth or Pitlochry), overnight Newtomore, ski touring tomorrow....the job's gonna be a good 'un Smile
ski holidays
Wow and even bigger WOW when I looked in the mirror, more sunblock tomorrow I think! It might be the end of April in the first season since mechanized snowsports begun in Scotland to have failed to spin a single tow in March, but this weekend a week of snow and perfect weekend weather have come together for the weekend of the season. CairnGorm Mountain was very busy, but very worth it, you want a bit of this, you really do! snowHead snowHead snowHead

^Party time on CairnGorm Mountain. Looking over the East Lady to the Funicular and Coire Cas from the Windy Ridge Tor.

^Ptarmigan Terrain Park has an informal lunchtime Jam today and Sunday, prizes for impressive tricks and wipeouts, and just for skiing past at the right time when stuff gets chucked!

^Open to all comers Dual Slalom on the Ptarmigan Ridge.

Stacks more pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=789
Also some different ones on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Winterhighland
snow conditions
I want to cry, i really do. In the long run not going skiing this weekend is the best decision i will probably ever make due to work commitments, but right now i feel sick. Conditions look amazing, really jeleous Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, +1 to all of that.

p.s. hope City get smashed on Monday.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, The conditions today were fantastic snow and sun all day. Oops forgot the sunblock and now look like I have rather too much of a liking for a wee dram Smile

The race piste ending into the Ptarmigan lift line was quite fun to Smile

Lift lines were heavy later on and parking was all the way down the road to the start of the downroad by 2pm

A huge thank you to all the staff who were there today, they kept the uplift running despite a few technical hitches and the Bully drivers have worked very hard to keep the area in great shape especially in the high traffic areas.

Shame there was not more uplift on as there is the snow,but its understandable that having effectively called the end of the season that getting staff and equipment back on line cannot happen in an instant.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 28-04-12 23:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
28th april Cairngorm
latest report
28th April Cairngorm
snow report
not too busy first thing but fairly heavy lift lines later in the day
snow report
Was it skiable to the carpark?
ski holidays
Absolutely stunning weekend what can I add to the comments above ...

Saturday superb, no wind, cold, sunny and fresh lines to be had all over ...

Sunday, set up harder underfoot at first but even sunnier (if possible) but softened up in the afternoon, again truly awesome and just brilliant. Skinned to the summit where the views were sublime from east to west coast and then skied down on beautiful unpisted snow, some of the best of the day and covered a lot more besides. Truly one of those special days and an awesome weekend.

Anyone who came up must be so pleased they did, sorry to anyone who didn't ... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
And I sat at home marking books and exams Crying or Very sad
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/Hi-mg3U4nuQ

^Lots of options to ponder from the top station of the Funicular!

^Hitting the flat-down box during the park jam - lots of prizes getting chucked out at passing riders!

Sunday Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=790
Saturday Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=789

The frontal system that brought rain to the South yesterday came much further North than originally forecast this morning, however it snowed at all levels on CairnGorm this morning - now dry again and it looks like fine and settled days coming up mid-week, possibly quite overcast Tuesday but clearing up later with plenty of Sunshine expected Wed and Thursday at the moment. CairnGorm Mountain is open daily, tomorrow is 1st May, so get up and play while you can!
latest report
can this be merged with the scotland thread?
snow conditions
^ why, it's higher profile in as far as it's in The Piste area of the forum so more likely to be spotted by people.

Or do you just wanna keep the superb conditions quiet wink Laughing
snow conditions
The toys are in the car, hopefully there's enough sunblock on this time Embarassed and it's about time to head off to CairnGorm Mountain, to meet up with H11lly (Helen) one of the volunteer ambassadors on CairnGorm and bag both ours 31st consecutive month of sliding on snow somewhere on CairnGorm!! Toofy Grin

There were 3 lifts scheduled, but 5 are now open, must be a decent mid-week turnout already this morning. Should be more that sort of pictures coming tomorrow and Thursday too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy