Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi Axial2/Look PX warranty

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got ejected from a ski a few times when I shouldn't have with varying degrees of amusement before diagnosing a distinctly wobbly heel. Investigation showed the metal "track" on which the heelpiece engages has cracked completely. Presumably this is a known issue & warranty straightforward (I recall SZK sometime saying these binders were a disaster)?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump. Any tech heads got any insight on whether I can home repair by replacing track with that from another PX heelpiece while awaiting warranty? Looks like I might have to take binding off which I'm keen to avoid.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, they're replaceable but yes, you have to remove the binding. IIRC you have to lever up the metal tab on the underside of the base that allows the heel boss to come out of the track.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Jon. Thought that would be the case. I've had the heel train off already to check for damage in the field.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, known issue or not it depends on the age of the product, from what i know there has been no notification from Rossi/Look saying there is a problem, so it will come down to age and how it is approached

is it a look or a rossi?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, Rossi. Bindings were mounted a couple of years ago (I think they were an older model) and have had 30-40 days use. I'll get some photos and put them into the UK distributor - you're not their technical assessor by any chance?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, if it had been a look then we would have been, but as i said there has not been any official notification form rossi/look on the axial bindings, best to go through a retailer with the issue, as a distributor they sell to the retailer who sells to the public, they tend to like it to happen in reverse with problems
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Problem is retailer was edge2edge so no joy there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
any rossignol ski retailer should be able to handle the return

below is the issue with bypassing the retailer

problem is if everyone goes straight to the distributor (which seems to be becoming the norm on this forum, with people banding about contact details of distributors all over the place) then there will soon not be any retailers left, sure if you get a pile of grief from a retailer or can't get any joy then it is an option.... most retailers will want you to get a replacement if it is a genuine fault but if you see some of the stuff that i see here being claimed as warranty...... delamination (obviously prised open with a screwdriver) and boot liners with picked stitching etc are common place especially at this time of the year, we are as fair as possible on it but it gets a bit annoying when something is rejected to find it posted up on the internet with dozens of internet experts saying it is ridiculous that it wasn't warrantied.... strangely this is what i do for a living, i have been doing it for 24 years and i know a delam when i see one and a chancer too. if a car is driven into a wall it is impact, just like a boot clip doesn't bend without hitting something
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy