Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2013 Half Term in France - Dates, Zones, Advice Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I believe the dates for different French school holiday zones for half term 2013 are as below. I've been lucky enough to avoid mid February holdays for many years but may have no choice next year.
Our half term break (Middle England) is 16-24 Feb. Fortunately this misses the Paris half term. But it clashes with the Zone B areas and also the Belgian holiday. Anyone with recent experience of Feb half term in Espace Killy, 3V please? How long are the waits at key lifts? How crowded are the pistes? I'll try not to think about the cost. Shocked

France Zone A 23 Feb - 10 Mar 2013 - Brittany, lower Normandy, Pays de la Loire, Lorraine, Rhône Alpes, Auvergne, Languedoc, Midi-Pyrenees

France Zone B 16 Feb - 3 Mar 2013 - North east France (Picardy, Nord-Pas de Calais, Champagne), Alsace, Franche-Comté and Burgundy, the Centre region, Limousin and Poitou Charentes, Upper Normandy (the Rouen area) and Provence, the southern Alps & the Riviera

France Zone C 2 - 17 Mar 2013 - Greater Paris, Aquitaine
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
intermediate, why not go at Easter instead. End of March next year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes been to Tignes over half term a few times including this year 11th/18th - snow was fantastic. Not particularly busy - one or two queues at lifts for about 5 mins but you could avoid these by skiing off somewhere else. On slope was fine but home runs could get a little busy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are French holidays getting later? Seem to be mor March than Feb.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
patricksh, they are next year, I think things return to more normal dates in 2014.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Provided you avoid Paris holidays it is pretty much ok, if you want to use an international ski school for the kids they'll be busy with other Brits so book that well in advance. Otherwise have a great time!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we were in val d'isere in the final week of half-term this year (25/2 to 3/3) and i wouldn't say i could notice it. in fact, as noted above, most lifts are virtually ski-on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. That sounds encouraging. Hells Bells, Yes would go Easter too if snow conditions and price were right for a late booking.
You can't have too much of a good thing. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
intermediate, with Easter being the 30th March next year snow conditions should still be great.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I also have to go at half term as I teach - Last year went to Serre Chevalier and it was fine although our half term only coincided with Zone A so the southern regions were not off. This year we have Zone B off with us (thankfully not Paris)I have now booked a flight to Geneva and was thinking of going to the Grande Massif - staying at Morillon as we wanted somewhere with quick transfer cos may not hire a car this time. Anyway if anyone has any info on how busy it will be there in half term I would be very grateful.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells, I hope conditions will be great early April next year. To shell out £4k a year in advance I'd need a guarantee.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy