Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiski "Hot Shots"

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from the annual pilgrimage to Les Deux Alpes with my 16 year old daughter having lessons with Easiski for the 5th year running, some have been going for 10 with ages ranging from 14 to 20. For anyone who really wants their kids to have excellent tuition I can't recommend this more highly.

This is my daughter putting things into practise on Saturday after the week of lessons, she sorted her knees out over the last 2 days after Charlotte saw the photo and pointed out where she was going wrong.

Natalie shredding it!

The end of course trip was something a little different, a trip down this

Chalance

The Clot de Chalance off piste route which is almost 1000m vertical (you can't see the bottom here) and very scary (for me anyway). I went with the group and was by far the worst skier of all.

I spent a fair bit of time Saturday and Monday trying to keep up with my daughter with a headcam on, I'll post that once I've sorted it out. She's doing her BASI1 this summer, if she gets it (I'm pretty certain her skiing is well up to it) Charlotte will have been a key, key influence.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quick video of me with headcam trying (in vain) to keep up with her.

http://youtube.com/v/NRjKxlzh-bc&list=UUZzIcn5nVdaFMTBQy6eQs6w&index=1&feature=plcp
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, 45 seconds was about your limit I'd say Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's pretty much the view I get of mine! Embarassed I hate kids! Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, I lasted less than that on some runs Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Brilliant video Laughing Laughing Excellent progress made from the last video I saw of her (can't remember when that was - last year? year before?) but wow, she's like poetry in motion now! snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

She's doing her BASI1 this summe

good luck i am sure she will enjoy it... lots of younguns on the summer courses..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, We were hoping to do it at Hintertux but it doesn't look as if that will run due to lack of numbers. Just got to check the dates now and go to either Hemel or MK.

Schuss in Boots, A lot seemed to click this trip, her new skis helped too, they really forced her to ski well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, nice vid, glad she enjoyed her new skis Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, Mine have been outskiing me for several years now - I can see life isn't going to get any easier.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, Well done keeping that close! One or two places round the mountain I was having to try hard to keep up with my 8 year old Hot Tot after her first week of the Charlotte treatment. As Tostertalby has declared she is going to keep going to Charlotte until at least she has 3 Gold stars and is training as an instructor I very much doubt I'll get that close when she is 16!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
She got a bit of a shock though when she was carving fast down the Bellecombes red when the local junior race team schussed from about half way down and passed her as if she wasn't there. They must have been doing 60mph at a guess. As Charlotte said a good British holiday skier will never touch a local.

Here's another brief video, I was even less comfortable over the humps (as you can probably hear).

http://youtube.com/v/6TJDRBEwAjE&list=UUZzIcn5nVdaFMTBQy6eQs6w&index=1&feature=plcp
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
well done natile snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tostertalby, Thanks, I'll let her know, she doesn't come on here that much Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Toastetalby (age 9) has been busily trying to instruct me after todays first Hot Tots session of this year!
snow conditions

Chloe on a steeper than it looks in the photo bit of Cretes early in the week, going pretty quick in the hope I wouldn't manage to get a photo her!
Was listening to the people sat behind me on the plane telling their friends sat next to them how well they thought their kids had done (looked about Hot Tots aged or a bit older). On only their 4th ski holiday (same as Chloe and +/- 1 of all the Hot tots) they had been taken all the way to the top of the mountain by their instructor and skied down the blues and greens to the Cretes lifts. The hot tots went to the top as well, and then abandoned the pistes to find powder to make fresh tracks on the Echines. What a difference a decent instructor makes!
snow report
davkt, Good stuff, they are Charlotte's next generation. This was the last year for the older ones. They'll all be 16 - 19 next year and she can't keep up with them. Shot of Natalie from this year.

L2A Easter 2013
snow conditions
Another sign of a good coach, she knows when its time to pass the job onto someone else!
Natalie looking very professional, can you keep up with her? Think I better sneak in an extra month or two of lessons if I am to keep up with C for much longer and it would seem Em is almost as quick on her board, apparently (unbeknownst to Em) C, M and E of the hot tots were having a race with her down part of Jandri 4 and she was quicker than the little skiers.
ski holidays
davkt wrote:
Natalie looking very professional, can you keep up with her?

No chance at all!
latest report
Short video from last week, I've loads more footage to edit.

http://youtube.com/v/7lgg4aONRqE
ski holidays
this looks very good, and after another disappointing year of instruction with my 13 year old I am looking for alternates.

I couldn't see any info on Charlottes website, but is this a solid week of all day instruction? How about accomodation, do you pick your own?? Do the kids already know each other??

Any more info gratefully received!

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
kitenski, 2 hours a day for the week. Sort your own accommodation. The older ones (and families) generally know each other but this was really their last year together. Charlotte has the younger ones but it would be worth contacting her about slightly older ones.
latest report
Certainly the younger ones (Hot tots, 8-12, this year said able to ski blues to get in but that may change if the same bunch are back next year as lots of the time was spent on reds or off piste) were all new to the group and one new to Charlotte this year. It was only the second year of Hot Tots and last year was only Chloe and one other but 5 kids this year. Though I think some are already planning going next year. They are all a friendly bunch so no problem someone else joining in. And so long as the 13 year old is willing to put the effort in you won't be dissapointed with the instruction. As Colin says it is 2 - 2.5 hours instruction but to be honest I doubt, certainly the younger kids, could cope with much more, they need the afternoon to practice what they learnt and mess about a bit!
Plenty of accomation to choose from, let us know if you want hotel or apartment and we can probably suggest something. Transfers from Grenoble dead easy if you fly.
The families were tending to ski together (well the big people chased the kids round the mountain as the little people egged each other on) in the afternoons on an adhoc sort of basis.
latest report
kitenski, There is info about Hot Shots and Hot Tots on the website at http://easiski.com/HotShots.html and you're very welcome to email me or PM me either here or on Facebook for more info. There's also a FB group for Hot Shots 'Easiski's Hot Shots' which you could join if you wanted.

I won't go into all the details here, but please do email me and I'll give you the lowdown.
latest report
easiski, thanks Charlotte, email on the way....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy