Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lessons for a newish skier in Argentiere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Argentiere for a lads' long weekend next Jan, and one of the gang is a pretty new skier. He's had one week a year or two back, and will probably go to a big fridge for a few sessions - but I was wondering whet to tell him to do about lessons. We're staying in Argentiere and will ski there on the afternoon we get there and two out of our other there days. We'll probably go to Brevent the other day.

I wondered whether he'd be best getting a private 2 hour lesson up at Argentiere on the day we get there (I've never skied at the bottom near the Panda club - would they take him there or up above Lognan?) and then seeing how he gets on, or whether he should get a couple of lessons up at Flegere or Brevent? He will obviously want to be somewhere near the rest of the team ideally.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Le Tour is the ideal location for beginners in Chamonix, its quite close to Argentiere as I recall, or at least on the same side of the valley. Nice gentle slopes though he may be above that by now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What 8611, said, Le tour will be perfect.
http://www.basschamonix.com/
Are very good and have all native English speakers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - I had thought about Le Tour, as that'll be ideal - the only thing is he'll have to go up there on his own as the rest of us will probably want to be at GM.

Goid call though - I'll suggest it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A one week skier will be totally out of his depth at Argentierre which probably has the toughest pistes in the Alps. Plus, of course, the off-piste which is the main point of the place.
Le Tour would be perfect. There are also some easy runs at Flegere and Brevent. However he should be booked in for lessons most days, or at least till he finds people to ski with.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay wrote:
Thanks - I had thought about Le Tour, as that'll be ideal - the only thing is he'll have to go up there on his own as the rest of us will probably want to be at GM.

Goid call though - I'll suggest it.

Le Tour has some great off piste skiing, if the conditions are good get a guide for a day and get him to show you the place, it's very under rated. Doesn't get hammered as quick as GM either.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball wrote:
A one week skier will be totally out of his depth at Argentierre which probably has the toughest pistes in the Alps. Plus, of course, the off-piste which is the main point of the place.

Nah he'll find stuff to do. I spent the last half day skiing there on the last day of my first week, I remember there were a couple of blues that were fine and a red that I did a few times that was hard but not impossible. I didn't really know any better cos it was the first time I'd ever been, but I thought it was awesome.

Le Tour definitely has tonnes more stuff at the right level though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy