Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help childcare suggestions inc lessons - Val D'Isere (alternative to Nanny)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I hope this is the right section.

I am planning my annual trip to Val D'Isere next season (gotta have something to look forward to!) and planning 2 weeks in Jan 2013.

Previously we have used both Jelly & Ice Cream and Snowbabies and found both to be very good, however for this trip our kids will be a little older (20 months and 3 1/2 years) and thought that as it's 2 weeks rather than 1 perhaps it would better to try something where they can interact with other children all day rather than be just them and the nanny all day.

Also, our eldest will be old enough to ski, so we want to get some beginner lessons for her - say an hour each day.

Does anyone have any sugguestions? I've heard that there maybe a kids club or something but not sure what it's called, but I have also heard horror stories of some places not speaking any English which I would not want to put my kids through, especially as I want the eldest to really get into skiing and enjoy herself.

I am happy to pay for a private lesson each day on top of childcare if the kids club (or alternative) can drop her off / pick her up.

HELP!!

Can anyone suggest a solution please? The 2 kids don't have to be in the same place if that makes it easier.

Huge thanks

Jason Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jason (I assume its Jason L!).

Anyway look into:

http://www.valdisere-levillagedesenfants.com/

and also

http://www.garderielepetitpoucet.com/pages/somma.html (website looks a little shoddy but I hear they are pretty good).

An hour at a time for the lesson would be a good period of time I reckon.

Being Val all the adults should speak GREAT English BUT the other kids may or may not be English speaking.

Ill reply to your email you sent me asap - need to work a couple of things out.

Steve
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ahhhh Mr Angus, you assume correct!

Many thanks for your prompt response and links, I will send those over to Sally aka "The Boss" to have a look at.

I look forward to getting your email back so we can firm things up, apparently I am showing more enthusiam for this trip than I am our wedding!! I must be looking forward to your excellent tuition!

Cheers

Jason
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You have your priorities correct Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly wrote:
You have your priorities correct Very Happy
I think so Cool ......not sure the future wife agrees, however a 3rd divorce would be expensive!

I wanted to get married at the top of a mountain instead of on a beach......her loss!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the easiest way to get childcare, lessons, toddler care and English speaking is to go with the likes of Esprit, Mark Warner or similar. They have bases in Val D and Tignes. It's all packaged though, so may not suit if you like more independence. I've used both over many years and had positive experiences. Not the case on a couple of occasions I've used local childcare arrangements in France. Happy to offer more information or answer any specific questions. BTW, I have no commercial connection to any company.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy