Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes/Val in February

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably a daft question as I know the whole of France is busy half term week but was anyone in Tignes/Val area during half term this year?

How was it? What were the lift queues like? Were you able to escape the beginners and find quiet bits?

These days ski Jan and April when business not a factor but for the first time in years have to look at Half term next year Sad

BTW, back from Tignes in the wee hours this morning. Lovely 4 days of skiing. Yesterday in particular was probably the best conditions had all year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes I was...

This is the video I put together of the kids I was teaching out here that week this year... you can see the slopes were in great condition and not too busy.

http://youtube.com/v/aepz6T1EeeU

The EK has an awesome lift system and once you get up the main lifts at the start of the day (mainly the Olympic and Solaise Express) the queues are minimal. Especially consider heading to places at the extremities of the resort like the Val glacier and the queues really are minimal / non-existant pretty much all the time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many many thanks for the quick feedback!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As long as the UK and Paris winter break weeks don't occur in the same week, it is as Steve says. You'll be fine. I was thre for one of the Paris weeks this year and only really had waits for Tommeusse up to Toviere and Grattalu over in Tignes - both are fast chairs so even those waits weren't long.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were there end of Feb (last week of French hols I think) and it was fine. The odd queue but that was the exception. We stayed in Val and the early morning rush aside, never encounted a queue. Over in Tignes, there were some queues directly adjacent to the resort but once you got a lift or 2 away, there was lots of space and no queues.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cringingwhinging, See also similar topic I posted, French half-term dates for 2013 and encouraging responses from fellow snowheads at
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=88599&sid=e6092bc6901cd1149f2d9fc89c51503e
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Luckily, I've managed to persuade the "leader of the opposition" that two weeks and Christmas/New Year and a week in April have been booked!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
was there for the whole season, and february half term wasnt nearly as bad as easter break. not nearly as bad. it was hardly even noticeable to be honest.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy