Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Easy Blue Runs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning SH's. Just after a little advice as we have a couple of days left & want to make the most of it. We as a family are pretty much beginners, however after ski school at Goslings & the odd private lesson we have managed to enjoy some gentle skiing at La Vormaine. The slopes at La Vormaine are the nursery slopes at Le Tour and the girls now have the confidence to whizz down the (Blue Run) which is really just a green but it is boosting their confidence. My question is which Blue runs at Balme could they realistically deal with comfortably?. We spent our first day at La Vormaine which the kids loved, the next day we went to Flegere which was fine going down the Green, but getting of the Trappe with that steep little Blue at the bottom freaked them out a bit. The weather forecast for the last week has been bang on, predicted sunshine today so its up the Cable Car to Aguille Du Midi for some sightseeing, then tomorrow is our last day skiing & snow is predicted so we could be doing some slidey stuff. Any suggestions greatfully welcomed. Cheers James
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't been there in a little while but my memory is that the blues up at Le Tour are very approachable - should be fine and definitely the best option in the Chamonix Valley for beginners. Enjoy! BTW Cham would not have been my first choice for beginners but I hope you're having a great time and enjoying the spectacular scenery.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were in Cham last week with 2 beginner children - agree about the steep bit after the Trappe chair! My son (6) was OK with it, but it certainly challenged me!

The blue run from the top of the Charamillon chair at Le Tour is OK (Arve I think). The blues down the Vallorcine side are pretty steep in places.

All the blues at Les Houches should be OK, but as you know it's a bit of a shelp over there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Le tour will be best for you. If you go up the gondola then take the autannes chair, turn left off the chair and sharp left again, you have the Arve and Stade blue runs, the Stade is slightly steeper, but both are nice and wide.

If you are unsure of the chair the operator will be happy to slow it down when you get on, if you can catch the mans eye at the top he will do the same, but it is not too difficult as long as no one falls over in front of you.

There is a large cafe at the top of the gondola, plus there is a room underneath Where you can eat a picnic and get a drink to go with it.

Have fun up the midi, it might be cold, and expect to be out of breath with the altitude.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replys All. We had a stunning day up the ''ADM''. absolutely breathtaking. A bit hairy getting up their for me as i absolutley hate heights but it was so worth the trembling in the cabin going up. Very weird for all off us as its the first time we have been so high & a fair few tourists seemed to be feeling the altitude. Sitting here in the valley at the moment it is raining fairly hard so we are crossing our fingers about Balme tomorrow. As its our last day, i dont care whether we are drowned & skiing in slush, we have had a great introduction to our Family Ski Trip & its only a matter of time before the kids start ''Googling'' their next trip. Me, im off for a massage & a sauna and a good glass of Vin Rouge. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy