Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

how to get to les Deux Alpes in June

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any ideas about how to get to les Deux Alpes in June? I'm not far from Birmingham Airport. I flew to LDA a couple of weeks ago for a week's ski-ing and it was really a breeze. And so cheap! £50 return. Birmingham to Grenoble and then Ben's Bus.

Now I want to go back to LDA in June to do a week of slalom training on the Glacier. I thought I would have to fly to Lyon this time and was prepared to pay a bit more but I can't find any direct flights and the prices start at around £150 return with a 10 hour journey. I looked at Eurostar but there is really nothing in June.

Does anyone have any ideas.

BTW - thanks to Charlotte at Easiski for her helpful information after my previous posts on here.

Cheers Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eurostar to Lille, change for Grenoble (7h trip), bus to LDA. Simples.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've flown to Geneva before, you can get a bus to the bus/train station in Grenoble, look at www.aerocar.fr, takes 2 hours and costs 58 Euros return. You can then get a connecting bus to L2A, the 3030 service takes about an hour and a half. We've done this before to make use of some free flights we had to Geneva to join friends in L2A.

This was in the winter though, not sure whether the transfers run the same in the summer, you might need to do a bit more digging on this!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chrissyboy, I did a course there two summers ago, I don't think anybody used buses or trains as the times didn't match up with flight times.

I wouldn't bother going, the snow was too soft for good training when I was there, either do something indoors or wait for the autumn.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs, early morning on the glacier is NOT soft Shocked and the bus runs all year round. . . just have to spend a bit more time planning and drinking beer while waiting.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chrissyboy, If you're close to Birmingham - did you realise that you can actually do slalom training IN Birmingham? Midland Ski Club run race training sessions at the Ackers slope close to the city centre.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:
Eurostar to Lille, change for Grenoble (7h trip), bus to LDA. Simples.

Getting to London on the train, then London to Lille: too expensive, too long, too much hassle. I though of flying from Brum to Lille but there don't appear to be any direct flights for that either.

I think I'm going to have to scrub the idea. If I could find a direct flight to From Brum to Lyon or Geneva it might be do-able but I can't find any. There don't appear to be any in July either.

Cheers Chris
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Better if you can fly to Grenoble. From there it's reasonably easy to get the bus to Grenoble from the airport and from there up to L2A. If you google it you should be able to find the summer timetable. Would be a bit of a mission getting there from Geneva or Lyon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kat.ryb, no flights to GNB in the summer. In fact, it was reported in the Dauphiné that the airport might close altogether this summer.

chrissyboy, easiest thing to do is probably fly from Birmingham to London and thence to either Geneva or Lyon. Or possibly Birmingham/Edinburgh and thence to Geneva. Regular buses to Grenoble from LYS and traind-s from GVA.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
easiest thing to do is probably fly from Birmingham to London

Been no direct flights from Birmingham to any London airport for many years. I do once recall coming back into heathrow to face a 2hr delay on my connection to Birmingham: unfortunately my luggage was checked through otherwise I would have left LHR and caught the bus.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrissyboy, might be easier to get a flight to Paris, and a TGV from Paris to Grenoble.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, oh right, that's a shame. I've flown easyjet from Luton>Grenoble in the summer a few times albeit the last time was maybe 4 or 5 years ago.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chrissyboy, Drive. Simples. We went there in August. Skiing was cr@p though. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Are there no flights from Brum to Lyon any more? Used to do this route with work.

As Axsman, says, might be worth driving. Take a road and mountain bike as well as skis though Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We flew to Lyon and hired a car back in '09, but there were 4 of us. Worked out quite reasonable.
Oh and why not forget the race training and hit the park, much more fun Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Seems the answer to this is to stop living in Birmingham. Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy