Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Base Repair in SE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If I haven't said it enough, I've just got back from skiing in Argentina. However, I did pick up a reasonable hole in on of my bases 4-5mm deep, requiring repair. Ski tech in Argentina isn't the best, and I've only had repairs / tuning done overseas before.

Is there any point in having it done in London/SE? Or should I just wait until NY when I go again?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flicksta, Any of the big stores should do a good job - then they'll be ready for your next trip. snowHead
Most dryslopes will have a ski tech that can do repairs too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flicksta, I used to be clued up as to who had the best workshops but my knowledge on this is a bit out of date. What I suggest you do is track down the distributors of Montana ski repair equipment (and related materials), via the Snowsport Industries of Great Britain (SIGB) - click here - and ask them who are the best technicians in the south east.

Sounds like you need the hole patched, which is pretty straightforward nowadays unless there's bad edge damage.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
it's a simple job, middle of the base, not too deep, just needs filling in. Superficial surface scratch touches an edge but no real damage. Just got no idea who to go to in the UK. I'm quite near Finches in Forest Hill, who drilled up my skis, so I might take them there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy