Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a boot-fitter.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heyho..

New to snowheads, but not new to skiing.

I'm getting pressure on the outside of my right foot in my Lange X-zero-8 boots. Not the newest boots certainly but they've served me well. I suspect that my feet have spread a little as I'm getting older (and heavier Neutral ). I'm looking for a good bootfitter that can stretch the shell for me. I was a ski-tech and boot-fitter myself in a past life when I lived in Scotland, but don't have access to any of the equipment any more since I moved down here so can't do it myself.

I'm based in Cambs, but can easily get to London.

tia

a
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feef wrote:
Heyho..

New to snowheads, but not new to skiing.

I'm getting pressure on the outside of my right foot in my Lange X-zero-8 boots. Not the newest boots certainly but they've served me well. I suspect that my feet have spread a little as I'm getting older (and heavier Neutral ). I'm looking for a good bootfitter that can stretch the shell for me. I was a ski-tech and boot-fitter myself in a past life when I lived in Scotland, but don't have access to any of the equipment any more since I moved down here so can't do it myself.

I'm based in Cambs, but can easily get to London.

tia

a

You might need a new footbed rather than a shell stretch.

Regular recommendations on here for:-

CEM Solutions 4 Feet, Bicester.

and

Profeet, London.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anarchicsaltire wrote:

You might need a new footbed rather than a shell stretch.

Regular recommendations on here for:-

CEM Solutions 4 Feet, Bicester.

and

Profeet, London.

I've already replaced the footbed. I had conformable footbeds in it that I put in when I got the boots, and have replaced them with the same. The fit was always snug/tight around that point, now it's getting uncomfortable, it's definitely the shell.

I'll check out Solutions-4-Feet. Bicester isn't a million miles away. I'll just have to restrain myself from spending money in the outlet village.

thanks

a
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
feef, If your feet appear to be spreading then it's highly likely that you a pronator. If you pronate then the foot tends to abduct and increase the pressure on the outside edge of the boot. As we get older or heavier the effects of excessive pronation are exacerbated. Hence you may need a footbed which controls you better. Of course you may just need a boot stretch but a good bootfitter will advise you accordingly.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pronation isn't the problem, it is just the shell. The X-Zero-8 was known for it's very close fitting shell (indeed, Lange generally used to be known for quite narrow fittings, I'm not sure if that's still the case).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
feef, where did you work in Scotland?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoogly wrote:
feef, where did you work in Scotland?

Mainly Nevisport, but also Viking sports as a spotty teenager. This was about 15-20 years ago.

a
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
feef, viking sports......, they closed a long time ago did they not

so that will mean nevisport glasgow (at a guess) i left there in 91 !!!!!

happy to help an ex nevi sport staffy (back in the office from tuesday)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A bit closer to home, you might try Ski Exchange at Dry Drayton. Might save a trip to London.

I used to work in the ski department of Greaves Sports in Glasgow. Remember them? Still there and going strong I think.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
evski, greaves are still going strong
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd second the suggestion about trying SkiExchange in Dry Drayton - they sorted out my touring boots.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski Exchange in Dry Drayton for me too, especially as you're in Cambs and so it should be the closest place. Nice people, and they do the job very well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy