Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year we followed what turned out to be fantastic advice to use Oxygene Ski School in La Plagne. The family are keen to use them again and I am split between repeat trip to La Plagne or trying a base in Les Arcs for 2013.

So my question is if anyone can recommend a ski school in Les Arcs? We have heard some negative reports re ESF which is partly why we used the smaller independant Oxygene and would like to do similar in Les Arcs if I book holiday there. I suspect the recommendations might depend on which resort in Arcs we are staying or are they all easily negotiable in good time for week two skiers?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Generation, based in Vallandry. Small ski school but all the instructors are extremely high quality.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, will that be easily accessible at the start and end of day from accommodation not in Vallandry. Perhaps if you are familiar with La Plagne you might be able to give an estimate of equivalent ski say from the villages to Plagne Centre? eg is Arc 1950 to Vallandry the same as Belle Plagne to Centre?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just looking at the piste map I think I may have answered my own question re accessibility......Morning lessons with New Gen start at 0915 and I think it would be too much for wife and kids to get there from 1600 or 1950. Shame as I like the look of New Gen.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jirac18, very difficult to get to Vallandry for a 9.15 start, but easy to get there (especially from 1600 and 1800) for an 11.30 start. Vallandry is a nice place to stay.

If NewGen doesn't work for you try Spirit 1950 (in Arc 1950) or Arc Adventures (in 1800).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jirac18, 1950 has the option of Spirit 1950 or ESF. We own a place in 2000 and have used Spirit 1950 a lot but this year we used ESF (They are considerably cheaper) and they were great. Admittedly we booked private lesson and had set out who and what we wanted from the instructor. He was great and the kids loved him.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had good lessons both kids and adults private sessions with Arc Adventures who run out of Arc 1800 if that is of any use.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy