Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 week April trip to USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking of going to America for a fortnight in Easter 2013 (early April) from the UK. Any recommendations for a resort (or resorts close to each other) with a large number of runs and good snow at this time?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Whistler;
2. Jackson Hole;
3. Snowbird.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
America the continent? Or America the country?

The country (USA):

- Colorado front range (Breckenridge/A-basin/Keystone/Vail/Beaver Creek)

- Aspen, Colorado

- Winter Park/Mary Jane, Colorado

- Snowbird/Alta, Utah

- Park City/Deer Valley/Canyons

There're others, Big Sky and Lake Tahoe etc. The former I don't know well. The latter (see my TR) is a bit disjointed. Also, the snow condition (not just quantity) in Tahoe region is much wetter so generally consider not as good.

The continent (including Canada):

- Whistler

- Banff/Lake Lousie area
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold wrote:
1. Whistler;
2. Jackson Hole;
3. Snowbird.

Jackson Hole typically closes 1st week of April.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need to qualify what you mean by "good" snow. Chances of powder? Long sunny spring days with attendant corn/slush? Attitude to daily driving?

Personally I'd say

Summit County. Colorado
Salt Lake City
Tahoe (but you need to be prepared to drive & if necessary ski fat skis in Sierra cement)
Mammoth for a single place with a biggish ski area and decent chances of late season dumps/windbuff

A Mammoth/Tahoe 2 centre combo is more than possible for 2 weeks

In Canada in April I'd go Banff rather than Whistler in April for elevation.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from two weeks in Utash and Wyoming.

Jackson has just closed last weekend - the snow hasnt been the best even though they had more fresh stuff while there. Limited cover and hard ice in the mornings and slush towards the afternoons, So typical spring conditions.

Utah was also getting the same with warm temps at times, typically anywhere arounds the 70's in SLC while on the mountains you can get 50's and even in the 60's one day. They also tend to close sometime in April.

IIRC doesnt Sunshine near Banff close too in april due to animal migration in the Park ? You7 will tend to find this alot, there maytbe snow still but the resorts close do to National Park regs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some good suggestions here, but remember that snow conditions vary from year to year. For April this year, Tahoe, Whistler, Washington and some of the other northern areas look to be doing well...others years have seen great snow in Colorado and Utah.

For optimum suggestions, it helps to know what type of skiing, accommodation, etc that you like.

If lift ticket cost is an issue, consider looking into season passes if you plan to ski 10+ days. The Epic local pass for $509 would allow you to ski at 3 Tahoe resorts (45 min to 1 h drive to the other two if you base out of Heavenly) and 5 Colorado resorts (all within 1 hour of each other, with many less depending on where you base yourself.

If you really want a dream US trip with a bit of sites, you could fly into San Francisco, drive to Tahoe, then fly Reno to Denver and spend a week in Colorado. If using the Epic pass, I`d base myself in Heavenly and Vail, but there are other options as well. CO is very high which is why I would do it the second week.

Verify closing dates before booking as many of the resorts close April 15 this year with some earlier and some later.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy