Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Anton Spring 2012

Poster: A snowHead
A bit to international for my liking.

Too many British.

Very average Apres.

Give me Lech any day.

Discuss..

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your having a laugh! wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
*You're wink

Maybe it was my expectations that were wrong?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends on what you determine as 'average apres' Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski wrote:
Depends on what you determine as 'average apres' Shocked

The Mooserwirt was good and I expected more of that in the resort. But all I got were a few english style pub/bars; Kandahar - dead; Scotty's - English; Piccadilly's - OK; Post Keller - dreadful.

Is it just me?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Feast, Traditional apres is all about the Mooser, and sometimes KKs. Everything (well, most of the rest) else is more 'normal' drinking spots, although usually pretty lively (obv that depends when in the season you are there). Anton Bar is good for late season chilled apres in the sun too. Cuba is a good, cheap, chilled out place for a few beers, Scotty's is all about the warm up - seasonairre price Long Island Ice Teas - and not much else (although the pizza is alright), Kandahar and Piccadilly aren't great either, IMO, although could be a laugh on occasion. Shame Funky's closed, that was the most fun late night spot. Best music too. I was there last summer and thought the bar in Anton Rock looked like it'd be good in winter?

Is the place that used to be next to Pomodoros still there? I forget the name, but the one with the nice comfy sofas for chilling out on?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote]
Is the place that used to be next to Pomodoros still there? I forget the name, but the one with the nice comfy sofas for chilling out on?

Platzl is gone now sadly. Last remaining Zipfer shop (apart from Rundeck I think)

Griabli for me every time with live music - Snowtones. They play in Piccadilly most days and are excellent. Kandahar with Gunar is very good but beer served in plastic glasses - come on Evil or Very Mad . Don't like the Moos anymore - too full of people trying to outdo each other with their silly costumes - does my head in (I must be getting old).

Think the 'problem' this season was that there was a few changes, ie closing FK/Platzl/Pomodorro, Gunar moving to Kandahar etc... and it will probably take a season for everyone to figure out where to go, as apparently Gunar was very quiet at start of season but got progessively busier. Underground on the Piste can be great but the day we were there the guy doing to music was freaking awful - killed many a good song, so we left.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KK's was pretty dead when we were there (last week in March), as was Cuba.

I just expected a bit more for my 100 euros a night bar bill.

Apparently Ischgl is good for a night out?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's end of season, last apres in Picadilly will have been just as you arrived and last week was very dead everywhere. They only sold something like 8000 lift passes when they would normally have sold twice that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was less impressed with St Anton the second time I went, and I agree with what you're saying Feast. We were there beginning of Feb and although it was good, the bars weren't as rocking as I was expecting. The Moos was rammed of course, and the KK was busy, but the bars in town were much less busy.

I think maybe the novelty of Austrian apres is starting to wear off a bit...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I been asked so many times, since my return home, 'how was the apres? bet it was amazing.'

It just wasn't and I don't see how it can be changed. It wasn't just the lack of people, it was something more than that and I can't quite put my metaphorical finger on it.

I had a much better holiday in Les Saisies. End. Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ you're right! It felt a little like "this is St Anton and you MUST get drunk and have a good time". I MUCH preferred Val d'Isere last week where it wasn't so forced. I'm really tempted to give Austria a miss next year and go to to Val twice instead.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I think maybe the novelty of Austrian apres is starting to wear off a bit...

.....or maybe people realise that spending £1500 on a skiing week to get blathered isnt actually very good value, they can do that at home much cheaper. Personally I go for the skiing and a couple of beers after skiing does me, the idea of skiing with a bad head in a morning is a pretty unattractive one. It amazes me when you hear the 4am crew stumbling about and shouting early hours how they get any sort of skiing/ boarding done............maybe they don't! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Feast wrote:
KK's was pretty dead when we were there (last week in March), as was Cuba.

I just expected a bit more for my 100 euros a night bar bill.

Apparently Ischgl is good for a night out?

Towards the end of the season it does get a lot more chilled out. How was Taps? Always used to be great for late afternoon late season beers.

Ischgl is definitely better for late night stuff - it has a Pascha club for one...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[quote="boabski"][quote]

Platzl is gone now sadly. Last remaining Zipfer shop (apart from Rundeck I think)/quote]

That's a real shame. Used to be one of the best places for a chilled night with a few pints.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:

.....or maybe people realise that spending £1500 on a skiing week to get blathered isnt actually very good value, they can do that at home much cheaper. Personally I go for the skiing and a couple of beers after skiing does me, the idea of skiing with a bad head in a morning is a pretty unattractive one. It amazes me when you hear the 4am crew stumbling about and shouting early hours how they get any sort of skiing/ boarding done............maybe they don't! rolling eyes

I'm not talking about going out and getting wasted until the early hours, I mean the beers etc immediately after you finish skiing. With Val I found you didn't need to have 8 pints to have a good time, whereas in St Anton it seemed to be about drinking as much beer and as many shots as possible before dinner.

After a week of it I got a bit 'beered out' - in fact we didn't tend to go out in the evenings, we just chatted in the hotel and crashed out after dinner.
snow report
Random picture reference from last week

snow report
Feast, got to agree with you. We went over in January and I think my expectations were a little bit too high so I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere there. Either that, or I'm just getting too old Embarassed
ski holidays
Feast,

Not a good advert for the Moose, it looks like a Gay Bar !

This time of year Apres ski is generally over, its not full on like the main season (before clocks changed). Many bars will close.

Im afraid there is going to be some more bar changes (closures) in St Anton for next season which I cannot say right now.
latest report
Piccadilly wrote:
whereas in St Anton it seemed to be about drinking as much beer and as many shots as possible before dinner.

Yes its all about the bier !

http://youtube.com/v/NaYoNkFqqEk
snow conditions
The moos has become a victim of the hype/its own hype. Some of the best après I've had has been in there but not for a good few years now.
snow report
Not like the old Days when we used to line up our skis !

Some info on the new Moose (2001)

snow conditions
stanton, great photos. Is that you with the K2's wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy