Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reader resort reports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I hope the Snowheads team won't mind this little promotional thread ... well, it's more of a request really!

We at Where to Ski and Snowboard are hoping to encourage more folk to submit a resort report to us, as well as meal and drink prices and photographs - an invaluable part of updating our guide annually.

So we thought we'd target this fantastic group of forum members to see if we get some. There are FREE books and a holiday up for grabs for the best. Laughing

Have you sent us a review before? If not, the guidelines are on our website. If you know others that have been away this season, then encourage them to send us a report too.

We'd like your experiences on trips this winter - of the schools, bars, huts, lift queues or not; things you loved / disliked about the resort. You can choose to use our funky online system, which is a detailed report form, or send us an email with your comments attached.

If you've got a copy of the book you may want to make a few references to things in a particular chapter, for example.

And we are gathering prices of meals and drinks in resort too. The price of a pint? Spag bol? Hot choc? etc ... Even just a couple of examples or typical prices in the resort are fine.

Happy Easter everyone

Storm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd consider sending you another report like I did last year but for the fact that I didn't get any kind of response or "thank you" back. Plus the resort I went to this year seems to have been dropped from your main pages to a very brief description at the back of your book, so not sure if it's even worth me sending a report?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Erm... isn't this what people do on snowheads on a real-time basis? Do people stll even buy hard copy reference books like this when interweb does it so much better?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry about the lack of 'thank you' response. Good point. I'll see what we can do ...

Resorts get juggled around quite a bit, so some that are demoted one year may return the next. And we do need to keep the Directory resorts updated too - so, yes, all feedback is helpful.

The reviews are used to keep our web pages updated too wink

And yes, loads of folk buy the book.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, The Where to Ski and Snowboard book is much more comprehensive than anything you can find on the internet. And yes people still buy text books.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I enjoyed the book when I was starting out and bought two copies a few years apart, so it was useful in that respect and I would recommend to anyone in that position. 12 years on however, I would look elsewhere, ie here, which I find far more comprehensive and as many reports are sent from or relate to, recently visited resorts, tend to be right up to date. Finally, it's not unusual for people to take the wee wee out of each other on this site, which I personally find to be an added bonus.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WTSS is an amazing book. You've had my words for this year. And printed some in the past Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy