Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apartments or Chalet La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This year we had a family week staying half board at the Terra Nova in Plagne Centre which I must say was fantastic. For the same week in Jan 2013 the same holiday is coming in £400 more expensive.

So I am now researching self catering options by either self drive or flight to Geneva and hiring a car. We would like to use the same ski school (Oxygene) from Plagne Centre for my wife and two kids so I'm after any good recommendations in striking distance of ski school start time at Centre (0945). I would prefer not to drive into Centre every day so perhaps a ski in/out accommodation at Plagne Soleil or Plagne Villages? Everyone is capable of skiing all blues and some reds in order to get to Plagne Centre.

Any advice or ideas welcome. Thanks in advance for any responses.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jirac18, Just done our first trip by train out of Ashford, swapping in Paris doing overnight trains and loved it. Will write a full report tomorrow but don't dismiss the train as an option.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi jirac18,

We have a chalet in Plagne Village and it's nice and easy to ski across to centre for Oxygene ski school - the link is in my tag line. We only offer catered I'm afraid but it usually works out cheaper than the Terra Nova . . .

Happy planning!
Heather
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow and Sunshine, Looking at your site now. Catered is fine too, we are not dead set on self catering just whatever pans out at best value and I do like the idea of a chalet rather than big chain type hotel (although we thought Terra Nova was excellent)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jirac18, we stayed in a privately owned apartment in Plagne Soleil in Jan. Location was great (ski in ski out) and we used Oxygene ski school. Apartment was small but suited our family of 4. Found the apartment on www.homelidays.com

We got easyjet flights to geneva and then used ski4fun transfers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at www.mountainheaven.co.uk
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well flights from Bristol are easy and cheap enough for the dates we want but accommodation booking non-package deal is proving somewhat more awkward.

Can't seem to get car rental prices this far in advance either so if anyone can offer up a ball park figure from GVA for a week. Alot of the apartments and chalets don't have next years rates up yet either.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jirac18, www.mountainheaven.co.uk combined with a www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jirac18, For car hire look at a comparison site such as www.carrentals.co.uk , price for a compact car for a week in January 2013 from the Swiss side of Geneva is coming in at £237. From the French side of Geneva you can hire a 5 seat people carrier for £233.

Apartment rental prices do not tend to change that much year to year, maybe up to 5%. If you contact most property owners they will be more than happy to give you a price for next season, we always offer early bookings next seasons weeks at this seasons prices.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi jirac18,

Glad that you like the look of the chalet.

Car hire prices depend on the car you choose etc, but in general you should budget around €200 for the week for something relatively basic.

Alternatively there are private and shared transfer companies like ski-for-fun transfers recommended above and you should budget around €100 per person return for these, travelling as part of a group.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy