Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are you a skier ages 12 - 51?! Please help!!

Poster: A snowHead
Please could you spare just 10 minutes to answer my dissertation questionnaire...it's regarding skiers behavioural adaptations to climate change. COMPLETELY confidential. Would be a massive help

If you are slightly over the age bracket please feel free to complete, your thoughts will still be counted

Thank you

http://kwiksurveys.com?u=ctuffindissertation
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Done.

Not sure how geography fits in with the survey though - one of the last questions has both "Canada" and "North America" as options, so watch out for these results as they might be a litle misleading. Also, the implication of the survey is that people would only consider North America/Canada/elsewhere only on climate change - many people will have put this as their early answer in the "Other" section. You may have to watch out for this in the results too - "Other" will be popular and may not be representative of where people would change too if climate change kicked in.

Best of luch with it though! Cool snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I doubt very much there is any scientific evidence to back your assertion that "Over the past few years it has become increasingly difficult to predict snowfall." Weather forecasting, I understand, has improved over recent years.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tuff, i am a bloke as mentioned in the OP but I am not a tourist... so can't give you any input I'm afraid.... think of all that 'local' data that you will miss....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Defective survey - there was one question I didn't want to answer as none of the answers were appropriate but it wouldn't let me leave it blank. That and if you're trying to pull some quasi climate change is affecting people's behaviour nonsense then you aren't screening for other relevant factors. If its a good snow year and the storms keep coming more people will go skiing - that's the fairly simple correlation, one or more bad year(s) aren't statistically significant in proving climate change as an impact on skiers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tuff, had a look at this but half way through decided my input was not relevant as we live here nearly all winter so not really a 'holiday'

But also wonder why you are stopping your age at 51 - there are so many of us slightly older (that's being kind) skiers around.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
and also the validity of your questionnaire will be shot to pot if you accept people outside the age range you stipulated. This is not really ethical anyway as people have not been fully informed of how you are going to use this information, nor can they withdraw it if they decide to.

I guess it is that time of year again.

good luck.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
James the Last wrote:
I doubt very much there is any scientific evidence to back your assertion that "Over the past few years it has become increasingly difficult to predict snowfall." Weather forecasting, I understand, has improved over recent years.

Yes indeed... The chances of low snow and good snow years hasn't really changed either. Massively flawed assertion.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tuff, Done. Best wishes for your dissertation - its a lot of work but hopefully you will find it worthwhile Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done it. I'm 57 so if my views alter anything then so be it. Most people have had to do this sort of stuff. It's not going to change the world so I see no point in picking over whether its valid, or not.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michael B, indeed. Tough crowd Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bloody hell before I do my dissertation in 3 years I will post all my stuff on here first and let sH rip it to shreds so it will be even better Wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
crazy_skier_jules, Laughing good plan!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tuff, I filled it in but when I tried to submit it it would not do it because I had put othre for one of the options together with an explanation. Sorry but your results will be dodgy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No offence but why ask others to complete a survey?, why not just make up loads of answers?.
latest report
Basil, Because it's easier to get us to do the leg work Wink lol guys, it's Friday night not Monday morning, ease off a bit !
snow report
crazy_skier_jules, Are you REALLY sure that's wise Laughing
ski holidays
I've done it for you.
ski holidays
Because validity and reliability should be a the core of a research study. Otherwise it is just another crappy survey. Nothing to do with whether the stuff has impact.
ski holidays
Done. Like all these surveys I think it's best not to think too deeply about the questions, just bash away at the buttons.
ski holidays
sorry too old Evil or Very Mad

although I wouldn't have done it anyway!
snow report
Done.
snow conditions
Completed, but your survey seems to assume that we only currently ski in Europe and would only consider the likes of Canada, North America (presume you really meant the US since Canada was already listed as a separate option), Japan etc if it stopped snowing in Europe. Which certainly isn't the case.
ski holidays
Done, good luck!
snow report
It doesn't work if you try to put "Other" instead of one of the check boxes for any questions.

And as for the last question - what if the dramatic effect of climate change is to INCREASE the snow in your preferred area? Smile

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 31-03-12 21:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Completed, but tough to accurately answer some questions as I live within 30 minutes of a handful of resorts...survey seemed to assume everyone is a UK/Euro tourist skier...
ski holidays
One of the better surveys I have seen here... But still trying to force answers in particular directions...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy