Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

M&G Investments is giving away €25,000 to a ski charity... VOTE NOW!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This year you'll see M&G Investments ski campaign across 42 ski resorts in Europe. As part of our sponsorship we are giving away €25,000 to a ski related charity. The amount each charity receives will depend on the percentage of total votes that they receive, so please VOTE now at the website below for your favourite.

Why not share the link with friends and family who are fellow snowheads so they too can vote... It couldn't be easier!

Thanks

M&G Ski Team

www.mandg.com/ski
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mandgski, Nice, but the Charity objectives other than a list of random resorts is very unclear - but the visibility of the M&G brand however is very clear.

Please can you define so that SNOWHEADS.COM and it's members don't regard you as opportunist cheapskates? Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Jivebaby,

There are descriptions of each of the charities involved in the giveaway on the site, including details of the valuable work each does, and a link through to their website for users to find out more.

Certainly not intended to be opportunism/advertising on our part. We just wanted to promote the giveaway as widely as possible to give the charities as much exposure as possible, and to encourage as many votes as we could, and thought this might be a good forum given it's filled with ski lovers.

Happy to remove if the community feel this isn't appropriate for Snowheads?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mandgski, mandgski,

" M&G Investments is one of Europe's leading active asset managers. + Find out more about M&G +Select your location = Clarity"

"M&G is giving away €25,000 to charity + This year you'll see our new ski campaign across 42 Ski resorts in Europe. As part of our sponsorship we are giving away €25,000 to charity. + So get voting!"

The obscure link here = -> http://www.mandgski.com/Giveaway-conditions.aspx

leads to: =
Charities Giveaway – Further Information

The Promoter: M&G Securities Limited (Registered Office: Laurence Pountney Hill, London EC4R 0HH)

The giveaway is organised and hosted by M&G Securities Limited (the "Promoter").

The Promoter reserves the right to vary, cancel, postpone or modify the Giveaway at any time and for whatever reason and/or amend or withdraw this Giveaway in whole or in part at any time.

How do I vote?

To be entered in to the giveaway each participant must:
Visit www.mandg.com/ski.
Read and accept these Giveaway Conditions.
Vote for one of the charities on the website.
No more than one vote per person will be accepted.
Multiple entries will be deemed invalid.
The giveaway commences on 7 December 2011 and the closing date for receipt of votes is midday on Friday 13 April 2012 (“Giveaway Period”).

What will be given away to Charity?

A €25,000 donation will be given to charity. That donation will be split in accordance with the percentage of total votes that each charity has received (as at midday on Friday 13 April 2012):

The charity that has achieved the largest percentage of total votes cast will receive €10,000.
The charity with the second largest percentage of total votes will receive a €5,000 donation.
The charity with the third largest percentage of total votes will receive a €4,000 donation.
The charity with the fourth largest percentage of total votes will receive a €3,000 donation.
The charity with the fifth largest percentage of total votes will receive a €2,000 donation.
The charity with the sixth largest percentage of total votes will receive a €1,000 donation.

Close

FOR CLARITY AND TRANSPARENCY = Apart from an offer of money to a recipient for an ill defined purpose, I cannot discern what your charitable objectives are other than to promote M+G via what appears to be a really nice, slick website. Please can you help me understand my way out of this conclusion, otherwise I really am thinking the worst of you guys.

You can start by listing the charities that may perhaps benefit, and if appropriate, what they do?

Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jivebaby, I agree it could be clearer - but if you go to www.mandg.com/ski and hover your mouse above the each of the skiers, I think those are the charities that come up in the balloons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you click on the balloon you then get some info.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Found the info about the different charities straight away...? Click vote now, or click on the skiers. I didn't read anything about M&G.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I too found the charitites really easily

Jivebaby, You are making a mountain out of a molehill, IMHO
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jivebaby, there's nothing there *but* the charities. You have to click to find out about M&G, but thank you for doing so and posting about it here.

I doubt many people make charitable donations without some sort of return. Do you think these charities would be better off *without* M&G's donation?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy