Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

euro tunnel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For those heading out, currently about 40 min delay 'due to earlier cancellation' ferry next year I think.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Trouble is Ferry's are cancelled just as often due to poor weather/strikes etc

They're all fine until there is a problem
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got away early and arrived at 4.30 for an 8.20 crossing and put on 7.20. No queues but fairly busy in terminal.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ringingmaster, we've just arr calais. Very busy but 40 mins doesn't compare to our last trip early jan with 4 hour delay. I can cope with 40 min Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I love the tunnel. My experience coming back on Thursday was very good. I had booked for the Wednesday by mistake, phoned two hours after our scheduled departure, no problem said euro tunnel man, what time would you like tomorrow, yes no problem sir and no charge for changing your booking either. Turned up two hours early, given a slot on the next train, just time for a quick coffee, I'm on the M20 an hour later, result. The customs/passport clearance was also quick.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having had the misfortune to have sailed on the floating chav mecca that is the channel ferries (Sea France in this instance) I will only ever take the Tunnel - peace and tranquility and no need to mix with "others"
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Forty minutes is nothing? Happy hols all x
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
err...Easter is next weekend innit?! Wink

Is it that easy to get an earlier train? Depends on space I suppose. I've been through before where they insist you get on the train you were booked on - could that depend on whether you buy the saver tickets or the "I can afford" any price class?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been bumped to earlier trains on 'saver' tickets GordonFreeman, although it was off peak
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
50 miles the other side of Calais having a beer. 7.20 left on time, no problems, there seemed less people around by then.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GordonFreeman, With the cheapest ticket they state on the ticket that you have two hours either way and they will put you on the first available train. They also state that the ticket is valid for 24 hrs after the departure. I don't know the details but I have been both late and early and never had a problem.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
With a cheapie I've got on a train 4 hours early, not today though just an hour, it all depends how busy they are.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We left on Good Friday last year without any delays or difficulties, turned up for our booked crossing, and left on time.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Eurotunnel really let us down yesterday, ( first time ever in 16 years!) got there in time for our 8:20 went through and then the 8 20 changed to 845 got on and left at 8 40! No explaination.
The now normal 30 mins in tunnel and then unloading starts, great, BUT car 3 in front breaks down! Long story short the driver after 20 mins gave in to greater numbers and allowed us to push his car out of the carriage!
So I guess that meant our train had then picked up a 50 min delay, the original 30 min delay plus the 20 min delay with the dickhead refusing to let us push his car!
What the knock on delay from that was, who knows?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Eurotunnel really let us down yesterday, ( first time ever in 16 years!) got there in time for our 8:20 went through and then the 8 20 changed to 845 got on and left at 8 40!

I hope that was irony I detected....come on , a few minutes delay in 16 years.....!
Poor proud car owner...wonder why he wouldn't accept help? Or was he the brother of the man who will not ask for directions?

We came back on Thursday evening and were put on an earlier crossing which was great. However the family were hungry so we needed to get some food at the QUICK burger joint...they should rename it SLOW! A lot of people were getting very panicky about getting their food before they had to go. Leave extra time if you want a burger!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy